Question

Honor Student
crazynicky
Message 1 of 2 (494 Views)

access denied to private folder

Hi.

I have a folder that I made private so that no one could have access to it. But my computer recently crashed and I had to use the PC recovery program. After that was done, I thought I had lost all my documents. I finally found my folder on the hard drive but since it was private, I cannot access it anymore.

What can I do? All my projects and documents I need for school are in that folder!! HELP PLEASE!!

THANK YOU

Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 2 (469 Views)

Re: access denied to private folder

[ Edited ]

What is the error you're getting when u double click on the folder?

You can try to rightclick it, click Properties then click Security tab, and click Add or Advanced and add your current username account to the trusted list and give it full permissions for all folder/files and click Apply, K and you may need to wait few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Take ownership of the folder. In security tab, there is an advanced option. Go in there and take ownership (you need an administrator account, or account in administrator's group). That should be all you need to do, maybe also change permissions.

Also check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421/en-us

Message Edited by c0rnel on 04-30-2009 03:32 PM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation