Question

Student
kalyani_257
Message 1 of 5 (2,305 Views)

beep sound from CPU

I have removed the CPU cover  to clean it. After that whenever i boot my system  i hear a constant beep sound for atleast 2 seconds  at start of  booting  process from the CPU.  there is a display on the screen  such as

memory  runs at single channel.

your system  cover has been removed since last start up.
please  ensure that any access  to the system is authorized.

then  booting will continue  unless i press  F1.please  identify my problem. 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (2,287 Views)

Re: beep sound from CPU

[ Edited ]

kalyani_257 wrote:

I have removed the CPU cover  to clean it. After that whenever i boot my system  i hear a constant beep sound for atleast 2 seconds  at start of  booting  process from the CPU.  there is a display on the screen  such as

memory  runs at single channel.

your system  cover has been removed since last start up.
please  ensure that any access  to the system is authorized.

then  booting will continue  unless i press  F1.please  identify my problem. 

Please give a precise description on what you meant by "I have removed the CPU cover  to clean it". Did you mean to say that you removed the PC side cover to clean it?

Most of us in the Forum are aware that there is a metal cover on the actual CPU that covers the core(s).

Some people even go as far as lapping the cover to increase contact with the cpu cooler for better cooling when beginning an extreme overclock.

From your description of your symptoms, it sounds as if you inadvertently unplugged something and did not fully reseat it.

regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 3 of 5 (2,281 Views)

Hi, check your BIOS settings, there is a reset option when you open the computer case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Student
ShailendraSingh
Message 4 of 5 (1,940 Views)

In Hp compaq desktop, if we remove the side panel / side cover of the cabinate ie CUP cover, then the system makes a beeps sound for 2 sec and we have to press F1 to continue.

It can be stoped by entering into the BIOS settings.

Press <F10> then

BIOS setting -> Hardware Monitor Setup -> Reset case open status [Disable/Enable] Make it Enable.

Press F10 to save your BIOS settings and then hit Enter to exit from bios.

Restart computer again and you do not have to press F1 to start your computer and that beep sound will stop.

Regards,

Shailendra singh

Student
TRKR
Message 5 of 5 (103 Views)

I Have followed the steps, still beep sound is coming.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation