Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Model 110-23W, 8GB RAM, 2-Core Intel, "Refurbished" (cheap)

Hoping to access BIOS to invoke power-on by timer.  At power up, when "HP" first appears onscreen, repeated presses of F10 have no affect other than keeping the screen dark longer before the admin welcome screen appears.  Does HP provide another way to access the BIOS?

--rlsj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is also another way to access the BIOS when the ESC key doesn't work on W8 PC's.

Please read the info at the link below.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-access-the-bios-on-a-windows-8-computer/

I don't believe you can't get access to the BIOS due to the limited upgrading you can do to the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

On these new models you have to tap the ESC key to get a menu of options (one being to access the BIOS), where you used to tap the F10 key.

HP Recommended

Sorry.  ESC doesn't work either.  I've tried pressing it once and again ten times.  Still goes to "Admin welcome," then to the touch display.

I notice that this model HP desktop has no slot for additional cards.  Does that mean perhaps that HP also doesn't allow BIOS access to the user?

Thanks for your attention.

--rlsj

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is also another way to access the BIOS when the ESC key doesn't work on W8 PC's.

Please read the info at the link below.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-access-the-bios-on-a-windows-8-computer/

I don't believe you can't get access to the BIOS due to the limited upgrading you can do to the PC.

HP Recommended
Thank you, Paul. That gave me what I needed to figure out accessing the BIOS after a bit of trial-and-error. It seems that Microsoft changes OS's so fast these days that help information can't keep up!

Whatever happened to the old ideal that the computer would itself be all the reference you needed to operate it?

--rlsj (I'd mark that answer "accepted" but don't see how to do it)
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, times they are a'changing!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.