Question

Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 1 of 8 (281 Views)
Accepted Solution

bluetooth, Sleep and Screensaver not working

Bluetooth, Sleep and Screensaver not working.  We need a fix for this.

Bluetooth will not connect to three other Bluetooth Devices, which are a Samsung Tablet, Blackberry Phone and Dell computer running windows 8.1.  They will all connect together but will not connect to HP Envy 23.  I have tried everything I can find on the Internet to fix these three items, but have yet to find something that actually works.  There is lots of threads around that give some suggestions, but in my case, non of them work.

Obviously drivers are the culprit, so would be nice to have some updates.

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 8 (243 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi sportsman1946,

I understand that your computer is not able to successfully connect via Bluetooth, utilize power save mode or use the screen saver features on your desktop. I would be happy to help you out! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your desktop?
  • Is this a recent or on-going issue?
  • Has your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates?

In the meantime, I recommend ensuring that all of your HP software is up to date by Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7). This should help ensure that all of the driver software necessary for your desktop is successfully installed.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting and the information requested. I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 3 of 8 (234 Views)

Re: bluetooth, Sleep and Screensaver not working

My computer is an HP Envy 23 touch and the model number is 23-D038C.

This is an ongoing issue and as far as I can remember, it happened when I loaded windows 8.1 from the original installation of Windows 8.

All updates from HP and Microsoft have been installed.

For the Bluetooth item, it will pair with my other three devices, but when it goes to connect, it shows connected for about 3 or 4 seconds, then shows as disconnected.  It does this repeatedly.  I have removed the paired item and tried it again, numberous times, but the same thing happens.

For the sleep issue, I can force it to go to sleep and it does that, but it will not go to sleep by itself.  Sometimes after I force it to go to sleep it will wake up and then stay awake on its own.  It will never go to sleep by itself.  I have checked all the settings and compared it to another computer with the settings being the same, but it does not help.

The screensaver is pretty much the same.  It will not cut in at all.  I have changed the type of screen saver, but that does not help at all.  Just the same thing over and over.  I have changed the power settings and have tried different ones, but that has not helped either. 

I have been in all types of Forums and have been watching what they have to say to try and get this corrected, but that has not helped either.

So thanks for helping me with this.

Gary

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 4 of 8 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again sportsman1946,

Thank you for the quick reply!

In regards to the intermittent bluetooth connection you are experiencing, does this happen when you attempt to connect your tablet to your laptop, or your phone to your tablet or laptop? If you need to, you can use this resource on Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 8).

For the sleep mode and screensaver issues, I recommend following this document on Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Modes (Windows 8).

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 5 of 8 (180 Views)

Well I now have the Screensaver and Sleep problem resolved.  I was using a Logitech unifying receiver to connect a mouse and keyboard to my HP Computer.  When I was following the instructions for the link you gave me, I got to the part where it mentions about using the original keyboard and mouse.

As I still happened to have it, I unplugged the Logitech unifying receiver from the USB port and a short time later the Screensaver cut in.  I left if for a while longer and the computer went to Sleep.  I then rechecked everything and every time I plugged the unifying receiver in, the Screensaver and Sleep issue came back.

I don't think this is the sole solution as I have a different Logitech unifying receiver on the my other Laptop computer which is a Dell, and I don't have any issue with it.  Now to carry on with the Bluetooth issue.

Thanks for the Help so far..

Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 6 of 8 (147 Views)

There were three downloads for the Keyboard and Mouse from Logitech and one of the three was an app for the Solar application of the keyboard.  After uninstaling and installing the three downloads, it came down to the Solar app that was causing the the computer from not kicking in with the screensaver and sleep.

So after removing the Solar app 1.10, which is obviously not up to date with drivers for Windows 8.1, everything works the way it is supposed to for Screensaver and sleep.  Now need to work on the bluetooth problem.

Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 7 of 8 (127 Views)

I have followed the info on Bluetooth, but it does not help.  I can unpair and repair my tablet and it accepts the code on both machines then it shows connected for about 5-6 seconds, then changes to "not connected".  I have repeatedly done this and the same result happens.  So it does pair, it does see it, but will not stay connected.

Tutor
sportsman1946
Message 8 of 8 (124 Views)

Well this is different.  I tried to send a file from my computer to the tablet and the file was sent.  So then I did it in reverse and it sent from my tablet to the HP computer.  So the part where I talked about "connecting", then "not connecting", does not even mean anything.  It looks like once it is paired and it goes through the connected, not connected feature, it obviously means that it stays connected, once it does that. 

Not a very good way of doing it, but it now works, I am very happy and thank you for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation