Question

Student
meanderville
Message 1 of 2 (90 Views)

bluetooth mouse x4000b stops operating

I'm running win 8.1 on an msi ge60 20e computer.

The computer had had some problems and has just been returned having been thoroughly tested by two independant entities.  New drive, no extraneous software.  So I have no reason to think the computer is a source of the problem.

The x4000b has new batteries installed.

The computer recognizes the mouse and pairs with it quickly and easily.

It operates well for just a few minutes.  Then the connection stops working and I need to plug in a wired mouse.

I have removed the mouse and re-installed.

I have turned the switch on the bottom off and then on....

Nothing seems to reanimate the device.

Is this just a bum device or am I missing something?

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: bluetooth mouse x4000b stops operating

[ Edited ]

Hello meanderville,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with your HP X4000b Bluetooth Mouse on your working for any length of time on our computer running Windows 8.1. As it seems to work for a few minutes after it pairs I suspect that you may have a process or program running that is interferring with the mouse. I can see two options here.

Option 1

Try the mouse on another computer see if the issue persists. If the issue does persist I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

Option 2

Use the HP Support document: Using Microsoft System Configuration (Windows 8), to disable all your startup items and processes and see if it works. If it works use the 50/50 method to reactivate the processes to see which is causing the issue. Again if the issue persists and disabling the startup items and processes does not work then I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation