HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-08-2012 08:25 AM
I got an hp p6756sc and i want to upgrade the components, so I was wondering if the motherboard i got will work with a normal ATX-powersupply. Heard that the motherboards in HP computers almost have an allergic reaction to powersupplys.
04-08-2012 09:21 AM
A modern standard ATX power supply under 650 watts shouldn't be a problem in HP PCs.
Here is a list of things to consider:
2. Total wattage - important
3. 12+ volt amperage rating - important
4. Modular - not mandatory but I like the flexibility
6. i7 and SLI ready
7. Efficiency rating
9. Physical size -- standard ATX PSU is 5.5" by 5.9" by 3.4" give or take a few tenths
10. A single 12+ volt rail is a better choice.
www.newegg.com has lots of PSUs choices. Corsair, OCZ, Rosewill, Thermaltake.....