Question

Honor Student
Riflebird
Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)

close expansion bay pavilion p6

Hi there,

I have a Pavilion p6 and am looking for advice on the disc tray / expansion bay. Tray ejects fine but button obscured by tray when open so no way to close other than manual push. Is this really the correct way to close the tray? Is there a keyboard shortcut to close?

Any help much appreciated.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 5 (91 Views)

Re: close expansion bay pavilion p6

Hello Riflebird,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having difficulty closing the Optical drive on your HP Pavilion p6 Desktop PC. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
Riflebird
Message 3 of 5 (59 Views)

Hi Dunidar,

Thanks for getting back to me. Requested info...

Model no. p6-2489ea

Product no. D7B27EA#ABU

Running Windows 8, 64 bit.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 5 (55 Views)

Hello again Riflebird,

I took a look at the problem you are describing and I can see where you might be having an issue. You can look up how to create a hot key to open you Optical drive by searching "windows 8 cd-rom open hotkey". This will find you several ways of creating the hot key.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 5 of 5 (53 Views)

You might find this windows gadget useful. It's a Eject and Close program for the desktop. 

To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation