Question

Student
presazul
Message 1 of 6 (8,363 Views)

code purple

I have an older computer i'ts  an a1110n model and i've been getting that code purple, how do i fix that problem?

Teacher
CarolinaPhotogu
Message 2 of 6 (8,359 Views)

Re: code purple

If I remember correctly, code purple is a motherboard failure. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it to replace the motherboard on a desktop that is over 5 years old.

Your call.

Hope this helps.

Pete

I am not an HP employee, But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

TouchSmart IQ526t CTO Intel 2.26 Ghz 4 gig ram 750 gig HDD Vista Premium 64 bit
Professor
1badGuard
Message 3 of 6 (8,355 Views)

Since it's giving you CODE PURPLE try the steps in this. http://www.billoblog.com/?p=152
Student
KellyBelly
Message 4 of 6 (7,743 Views)

I do enjoy that the best fix for this problem (that is evidentally unique to HP and Compaq computers) is found on a blog.  I have seen this same blog referenced several times in trying to find the solution to my Code Purple problem.  I further enjoy that the general idea of said blog post is that one should refrain from buying HP or Compaq products. 

This is the week to investigate what will fix this problem for me.  I suspect that a part of my computer may have stopped working properly, possibly due to heat from a fan that seems not to be functioning properly.  Hopefully I will figure out the specific problem and if I do, I intend to post the information. 

Just a note, as I am a bit perturbed at this point:

Having an error code that doesn't actually tell the user what the problem is seems fairly useless and obnoxious.  Evidentally, if you choose to work on your machine, even using the parts from HP/Compaq, this error will occur.  For me, I rebooted from the partition on my hard drive in a full system recovery.  The computer was not running the way I would have liked it to prior to the recovery, but it was functioning.  Now it does nothing.  It says I should call and pay money for someone to guess at what my problem is.  Furthermore, my computer is only a year and a half old.  I don't think there should be any serious problems with it at this point (like my malfunctioning fan and inability to load Windows).   

I will update with a fix (FOR FREE) if I find one for my machine.

Tutor
mih2949
Message 5 of 6 (7,280 Views)

I agree with you,  this customer "service" is more disservice.  please see this http://go2techonline.com/Documents/Tattoo_DMI_Utility_Instructions_v5.pdf

I am not paying a penny to HP "customer service".  I will buy another desktop, I have already bought two laptops but neither was hp.  I am looking for customer service and dial the numbers and see what they have to say.  if i get the same outsourced guys, I am not buying.

Student
mwalkerworld
Message 6 of 6 (3,287 Views)

No its not a bad Mobo. Its sneeky software Hp threw in to make u spend money
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation