Question

Honor Student
RabidGW
Message 1 of 4 (233 Views)
Accepted Solution

compaq presario sr2017cl not connecting to internet

I have an old sr2017cl computer that I let my sister use but recently had to do a reformat on it and I got the updates off of this website but the intigrated NIC drivers had no effect as she can still not get on the internet. I know it is not a problem with our internet connection because I am connected on my desktop typing this. please will someone help i have been trying to help her for at least four months. I know that before the reformat the computer connected to the internet because before her it was my computer (partly the reason it needed to be wiped) thank you in advance to anyone that can post a helpfull solution to this.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (227 Views)

Re: compaq presario sr2017cl not connecting to internet

Hi:

According to the specs for the PC, it came with Windows XP.

Try installing this chipset driver and see if that gets the drivers installed for the network card.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/9701/en-us

Honor Student
RabidGW
Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks for noticing but, when i tried the drivers it seemed to work while installing in that it said "found new ethernet adapter"but while it was installing the drivers it got a Blue Screen of Death, and while trying to restart it continues to get a B.S.D.

UPDATE: hit f8 on startup went to last known good config, and only installed the ethernet driver. it now has internet and windows update is underway

thanks for the help,

SCTD student stressed to breaking

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation