Question

Tutor
millerl
Message 1 of 10 (372 Views)
Accepted Solution

complaints - HP CUSTOMER SERVICE IS INEPT AND BORDERLINE INTENTIONAL IN THEIR INCOMPETENCE

I bought a 27" Envy Desktop mid to late Feb 2014.  I was infected will malware2 weeks ago and of course HP doesnt ship you the 10 cent DVD so that you can reinstall the OS.  They want you to rely on  using the restore partition, which btw is one of the first things infected so that there is persistence of the malware, but this is neither here not there.  on 3/10/14 I called HP customer support which is somewhere in the Near East and spent 45 minutes on the phone getting transferred around until finally I had to get short and just say "I need a new DVD with Windows 8 on it, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"  Finally had a woman in a "I'm gonna do you a favor" tone say she will send me a disc for no charge and 1 day shipping waiving $27 dollars in fees and the cost of software I had already purchased a license for.

3/11 comes no disc, but I figure it was late in the day on the 10th when I called so benefit of the doubt I will wait until tomorrow.  

3/12 doesn't come I call spend 45 minutes on the phone transferred, transferred, transferred, sir we will raise this (whatever that means) and it will be shipped out tomorrow.

3/13 doesn't come I call spend 50 minutes on the phone transferred, transferred, transferred.  Then I am told it wasn't shipped because I didn't pay for it.  Really??!?!?  They changed their tone when I said I had an email confirmation with costs and expected ship dates....then it turns again to the familiar....sir we will raise this (whatever that means) and it will be shipped out tomorrow.

3/14 doesn't come I call spend 45 minutes on the phone transferred, transferred, transferred, sir we will raise this (whatever that means) and it will be shipped out today, you will have it Saturday (not even sure if FedEx does Sats, but ok I will wait)

3/17 STILL NOT HERE.  I call customer support on hold for 20 mins before anyone picks up.  Spend 40 mins on the phone and even giving the agent my ticket number she can't tell and cannot find out by calling or looking at her computer whether or not it has even SHIPPED and she tried to pass it off as "we are only tech support".  I hung up at this point.

If I log into my"check your status" page it still has not changed since delivery was estimated to be on the 12th.  I have always advised people in the past to avoid HP because of their historically poor quality.  However, in the spirit of 2nd chances I bought this fairly expensive computer AND THE SOFTWARE THAT GOES WITH IT.  The computer was great.  I sang its praises.  HP, I want to cuss and scream, but it wont do any good.  You have THE ABSOLUTE worst customer service I have ever dealt with.  As a CISSP I have delt with/deal with countless vendors enterprise and end user focused...Cisco, Dell, Nortel/Avaya, D Link, ZyXEL, Juniper, the list is limitless.  You people seem incompentent and it seems as if you are trying to make it so hard that you just hope I go away.  I cannot express in words how terrible of an experience this has been for me as a consumer, the money I spent on the product, the time I have spent on the phone with guys literally hours, the time I have wasted, the time and costs incurred by you from the hours of time the CS (lol hardly) representatives not doing their jobs, and now the time I am going to sink into twitter hashtags for HP haters, forum posts to paste this very posting, and general bad press you are going to get from me to my professional and personal peers.  

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 10 (365 Views)

Re: complaints - HP CUSTOMER SERVICE IS INEPT AND BORDERLINE INTENTIONAL IN THEIR INCOMPETENCE

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP consumer class products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (pn) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the side, back, or bottom of your computer, or on the startup BIOS screen. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

No major brand computer manufacturer has included Recovery / Restore media and/or Windows OS discs since around 2004. All major manufacturers (Dell, Sony, Gateway, Toshiba, HP, etc.) provide you with a software solution to create Recovery media when you first setup your computer. If you didn't create this media when you first setup your computer, HP isn't obligated to provide you with this media for free.

That being said, I have forwarded your concerns to an HP Forum Administator for review and possible escalation. Please watch for a Private Message (PM), as this will be their means of contacting you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Tutor
millerl
Message 3 of 10 (352 Views)

Re: complaints - HP CUSTOMER SERVICE IS INEPT AND BORDERLINE INTENTIONAL IN THEIR INCOMPETENCE

Educational. Thanks for the post. They were never obligated to send me a DVD. They did not become obligated until I offered to pay for one, they said they would send it to me for free overnight, and now it still isn't here.
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 10 (348 Views)

By using this site, you accepted the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Continuing the SPAM the boards and post the same message over and over, is a violation the term of use and rules of participation. This may result in a permanent ban of your account.

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

Tutor
millerl
Message 5 of 10 (340 Views)

I know that 99% of the manufacturers have not shipped DVD for a decade now.  That isn't the issue.  The issue is I offered to pay for a physical copy of the licensed software I purcahsed with the computer and they wouldn't take my money (thanks?) and wont ship a DVD.  Only option I have.  Hopefully I will hear something in the next couple of days from someone who can actually help a customer.  I wont post anymore on this site and I did not know that this particular site wasn't ran by HP.  Apologies.  Thanks for referring my issue.

Russel-E
Message 6 of 10 (330 Views)

Hi @millerl ,

I have sent an escalation for your issue and do check your private message from a HP employee to reach out to you.

Best,

Russ

I work for Hewlett-Packard Company and thank you for participating at the HP forums!

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks” for helping! Also, please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

Tutor
millerl
Message 7 of 10 (325 Views)

Thank you Russ for taking the time.  Hope you have a great day.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 8 of 10 (318 Views)

Please keep me informed as to the status of this issue and whether or not it becomes resolved. If this issue is unable to be resolved and you don't receive a set of HP Recovery Discs, please alert of this, via this thread or PM (private message) and I will see if get a better outcome for you.

Frank

Tutor
millerl
Message 9 of 10 (306 Views)

Thank you for your help.  I will keep in touch.

Tutor
millerl
Message 10 of 10 (252 Views)

Thank you everone (including HP).  HP contacted me and sent me a retail version as what I needed was backordered for 4 weeks or so.  I am back up and running thanks to members of this forum and to HP's customer service here in the states.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation