Question

Tutor
EddieGonza
Message 1 of 4 (250 Views)
Accepted Solution

computer won't detect blank cd and won't burn cd

[ Edited ]

I had done a complete restore on my pc almost a year ago  and before the restore the computer was able to detect blank cd's and burn cd's now after the restore I noticed it won't detect cd's or burn cds. I pretty much did a research on google and tried almost every advice on adding ''recording'' option to change values on registries. Any advice would be appreciated , Thank you in advanced.

Hp Compac dc 7700 small form factor

32 bit

hp s/n [edited personally identifiable information]

p/n rw503us

Bios version/date: Hewlett-Packard 786E1 v01.09. 1/5/2007

SMBIOS version: 2.4

Drive D:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type CD-ROM
Name TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H353A
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD-ROM_TS-H353A_______________BA08____\5&EC81A8F&0&0.0.0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108), 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 8/3/2004 10:59 PM)

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)

Re: computer won't detect blank cd and won't burn cd

Hello EddieBonza,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues where your Optical Drive is not recognizing blank discs. I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since the Hp Compac dc 7700 small form factor is a commercial product. You can do this at Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Tutor
EddieGonza
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

Thank you Dunidar, I appreciate it.
HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 4 (140 Views)

Hello again EddieGonza,

If the information I provided supplied you with the solution you were looking for could you please mark the post with an Accepted Solution so the next person with the same computer looking for the same answer can easily find it.

Thanks

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation