Question

Honor Student
craiggers14
Message 1 of 4 (1,482 Views)

d5000t Series Case Replacement?

Hi - first time poster here. I was in the process of moving furniture around and a metal box fell onto the top of my poor, defenseless d5000t. It now has a cracked front bezel and a large dent and scrapes along the top and sides. I've done a fair bit of searching for parts on the hp site trying to find replacement parts but unfortunately the descriptions of the parts are not good at explaining exactly what it is. What I'd really love to find is just a new case and I would move the existing computer into it.

Is it possible to buy just a hp computer case?

Associate Professor
RoyalSerpent
Message 2 of 4 (1,468 Views)

Re: d5000t Series Case Replacement?

Antec 300 is a very nice non-OEM case.  The case has plenty of room for upgrade.  It's also very quiet.  Only minor problem is that the back I/O shield of the MB may not line up with the new case.  This will not affect system performance.  You can buy this case at Frys.com for about $50 (on sale).  You only need to secure the motherboard to the case with 3-4 screws.  Do not overtighten.  Make sure you use the supplied brass spacer to avoid grounding the back of the motherboard to the case (the powersupply and case are earth grounded).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&Tpk=antec%20300

Honor Student
craiggers14
Message 3 of 4 (1,459 Views)

this is true...but I would prefer to fix it with a HP OEM case.
Student
Bluzbrother
Message 4 of 4 (1,290 Views)

Buying OEM parts from the manufacturer costs way more than it's worth. The thing I really like about this system is the fact they use standard ATX components, in particular the motherboard is an asus with all standard connectors. I took a D4900T system (same mobo) and put all the components in a silverstone media center case. If you really want a D5000T case, I would almost buy a refurb through Ubid.com.... you'd get a case in new condition and have computer parts to sell that would supplement the cost. HP really uses excellent components through out... so parting it out is easy.

I would agree with the other person, the Antec case would be a very good option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation