dc7700 Booting randomly // BIOS error (65 Views)
Student
qqHenaka
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

dc7700 Booting randomly // BIOS error

Hey!

I am having trouble with my dc7700 computer, it has started booting randomly. This occurs, like mentoned, randomly. There is no spesific program that is "crashing" or forcing the computer to boot. It sometimes boots when I am doing nothing on it, only windows running. With booting I mean that the computer "resets" itself and starts to power back on.

I have tried to dust the computer and fans, removed memory and installed back in diffrent order. I am out of solutions, and I need your help!

----

Also I am having this weird BIOS error message every time the computer is turned on. Should I (like the error message tells me) update the BIOS or Managment engine firmware. If I should, could someone link me the right firmwares?

Error message:

photo.JPG

System spectifications:

Processor: Intel Core 2 duo

Memory: 2GB DDR

VideoCard: ATI Radeon X550

Hard Drive: 250GB (Don't remember the model, ask if neccessary)

(Please ask if you need more information)

I do not know where to start fixing this booting problem. What should be my next move?

Best Regards,

Henkka

PS. I'm sorry if this is wrong forum section, I wasn't  sure where to post...

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: dc7700 Booting randomly // BIOS error

Hi:

I would go back and remove all but one memory module.

Test each one individually to see if one of them is intermittently flaky.

If the machine crashes with the one stick, remove that one try the next one and so on.

If the machine stops crashing, you have found a faulty memory module and you can replace it.

Next thing to check if the PC crashes with all memory chips tested individually would be to carefully inspect the motherboard for bulging, or leaking capacitors (the can shaped objects on the motherboard).  Bad caps will emit gasses that cause the top of the can to swell and bulge.

Bad capacitors will cause intermittent freezes, crashes, random reboots, all kinds of nasty things.

Firmware error.  That one I don't know.

There is only one ME firmware update and I suggest you carefully read the instructions!

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3232101&sp...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation