Question

Student
dit_pete
Message 1 of 2 (500 Views)

disabling usb ports on HP Pavilion p6230f Desktop PC

i have two  HP Pavilion p6230f Desktop pcs and trying to disable the front usb ports. on the first tower, i was able to identify and disable thru the BIOS setup. on the second tower, i didnt see the option of disabling the front usb ports. BIOS version says - american megatrends 5.02 08/31/09, do i need to install a newer BIOS version? FYI - both towers were purchased on the same day and the warranty help period is over. Thanks

Grad Student
JiriT
Message 2 of 2 (464 Views)

Re: disabling usb ports on HP Pavilion p6230f Desktop PC

If both units have the same BIOS revision 5.02 they should have equal items in BIOS setup.

Nevertheless BIOS 5.02 is very old. I checked the appropriate page and indeed there is no BIOS update for this unit. So I informed responsible people to fix this and you hopefuly will see it here soon:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=4006068&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

I am convinced it will fix your problem.

JT
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation