Question

Honor Student
bobkc_76cohc
Message 1 of 6 (165 Views)
Accepted Solution

do not have product number

[ Edited ]

I have acquired a HP Compaq desktop computer that does not have a product number on it. I only have the serial number - {Personal Information Removed}. I need to reload windows xp and I do not have any backup disks. Is there any way that I can find / down load the necessary drivers that will be needed? 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (156 Views)

Re: do not have product number

Hi:

If you boot into the BIOS (tap F10 key at beginning of HP Welcome Screen), on the system information menun, there should be a model number, or product number.

Intern
King_Yeshu
Message 3 of 6 (142 Views)

Hi, 1.You can check a white or a black label on the either side of the tower. You will find the details there with the computer's Serial No and Product No or the Model Name. 2. If u have the box of the computer you will be able to find the details there with the computer's Serial No and Product No or the Model Name. 3.If u have the Bill invoice or receipt you will find the details there with the computer's Serial No and Product No or the Model Name. 4.If computer boots to the desktop screen you will should tap the CTRL+ALT+S and u will find the details there with the computer's Serial No and Product No or the Model Name. 5.If you have the HP Support and Assistance you will find the details there with the computer's Serial No and Product No or the Model Name. 6.If the computer is booting to the desktop normally, whenever the computer boots into the BIOS start tapping the F10 key at beginning of HP Welcome Screen. And On the system information menu, you will find the model number, serial number or product number.
Regards,
King_Yeshu
I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
bobkc_76cohc
Message 4 of 6 (138 Views)

Thanks! Tapping F10 worked. There are NO tags, label, or any other markings on the case, I do not have any documentation as the computer is a donation to the community that will be using the computer for a security system. Again - Thanks

Bob

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 6 (119 Views)

You're very welcome, Bob.

Intern
King_Yeshu
Message 6 of 6 (118 Views)

Welcome Bob
Regards,
King_Yeshu
I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation