Question

Honor Student
kylie81
Message 1 of 3 (133 Views)

hard drive - recovery disk

hi, i am not very technical with computers, so sorry for any thing silly i may write. i have a hp pavilion all in one desktop ms224a, about 4yrs old. i had to have the hard drive replaced about 2yrs ago which was fine, my brother did it for me. now it needs to be replaced again so my brother purchased new harddrive for me but the recovery disk wouldnt work. sorry forgot to say there is a problem with playing a disk in my computer. so recently i purchased a portable dvd drive and thats how i play movies and such on my computer. but my question is does anyone think my brother can run the recovery disk succesfully through the portable dvd drive? or should i just purchase new computer? my brother lives couple hrs away from me so long way to go if it wont work.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: hard drive - recovery disk

Yes he should be able to get the computer to "boot" from the external DVD drive which will allow the recovery disk to run and work its magic. 

Honor Student
kylie81
Message 3 of 3 (96 Views)

Re: hard drive - recovery disk

Thankyou. That makes me really hopeful. Don't want to fork out for new computer when I spent $70 on hard drive. Cheers
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation