Question

Honor Student
flyinghull
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

how do i delete the previous backups from HP surestore PD5000z?

I have been using the HP PD5000z to backup my main hard drive for a couple of years.

I now receive the error that the back up is too large and need to either reduce the files being backed up or delete files from the PD5000z.

How do i know which files to delete from the previous back ups on the PD5000z?

The amount of space used on the main drive is 476GB versus a back up drive size of 500GB, so there is enough total space.  The previous backups are taking up too much space?

Thanks

HP pav , windows 7 professional

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: how do i delete the previous backups from HP surestore PD5000z?

Hello flyinghull,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with your HP PD5000z giving you the error "There is not enough space on your HP SureStore drive. You need to reduce the projected size or remove existing files from your HP SureStore drive." To deal with this I am providing you with the HP Support document: Downloading, Installing, and Using HP SureStore Software which should give you the guidance you require to resolve this issue.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
flyinghull
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: how do i delete the previous backups from HP surestore PD5000z?

Hello Dunidar,

Your post sent me to the standard HP response.  The relevant section of the document says =

'Reduce the number of items included in the backup to continue'. 

One can reduce the items being backed up for sure, but this defeats the purpose of the backup.

I would like to perform the other option listed in the error message =

'remove existing files from your HP surestore drive'

My question is which files can i remove?

flyinghull

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation