Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I am using hp compaq dc7600U  with pentium (R) 4 3.00 GHz. processor. When I changed the processor with Pentium D 3.4 GHz. processor I found a message " 1801 Microcode Update error" Press F1 to continue. After pressing F1 computer works normally. I want to know that how I can remove this error message. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the microcode update by using a bootable flash drive with the common MS DOS Command files and the contents of the microcode flash file included on the bootable flash drive.

Then you type Flashbin.exe at the command prompt you get when you boot from the flash drive, and hit the enter key.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the microcode.

I have attached the tool to make a usb flash drive bootable and the MS DOS system files to copy onto the flash drive.

See the 3 files below under Attachments.

Unzip and copy the DOS  files without any folders to the flash drive after you run the HP tool to make it bootable.

I have also zipped up and attached the microcode update files.

Unzip them and put them on the flash drive too without any folders after you make the drive bootable.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I've tried to do so, but I can't seem to make it work. 

I downloaded all files and unzipped them all. 

Using the SP27608 file I created a bootable usb flash drive.

Then I copied the files (just the files after unzipping, no folders) to the usb drive.

However I'm not able to boot from the usb, the computer asks me to please restart the pc using ctrl +alt+del.

Can you help me?

I do have Dc7600 small form factor and I'm running windows 7 at the moment. 

Thanks in advance

Daan 

HP Recommended

Hi, Daan:

If the HP USB formatting tool worked, you should be able to boot from the USB Flash drive by doing the following...

Insert the flash drive in a USB port.

Restart the PC.

Tap the F9 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the boot options menu.

Select the USB flash drive from the list of bootable devices and hit the enter key.

If that doesn't work try the procedures with a different USB flash drive.

If nothing works, unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with the problem you are having.

I know the process works because I have done it for many HP dc5800, dc7xxx and Elite 8xxx models, and given this procedure to other forum members.

HP Recommended
Hi I'm inserting the USB flash drive non system disk or disk error display in my screen
HP Recommended

Thank you, it worked wonderful for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.