10-10-2012 11:28 PM - last edited on 10-11-2012 08:50 PM by MC_Remington
how to remove bad sector from hard disk. new desktop hp3090 purchased.the is under warranty also. please help me.
modal - HP 3090 MT DESKTOP PC
10-12-2012 07:55 AM
You can run a "Check Disk" on the hard drive to attempt to find and fix any bad sectors.
1. Click on the start orb and double click on My Computer
2. Right click on the drive you want to repair (usually the C: drive)
3. Click on the Tools tab
4. Under Error Checking click on the Check Now button
5. Tell it to "Automatically fix file system errors" and to "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"
6. Click Start
7. You may be prompted to restart your computer do so and allow the utility to run
It could take several minutes up to several hours. Post back your results.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
10-12-2012 08:00 AM
You need to realize what a bad sector is, so read here
Generally, a bad sector is an imperfection of the surface of the disk platter. It is usually none-recoverable.
If you want to attempt to fix, read here
You can render both Solution and KUDO
The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus