Question

Student
Ravi_s21
Message 1 of 3 (642 Views)

how to remove bad sector from hard disk

[ Edited ]

how to remove bad sector from hard disk. new desktop hp3090 purchased.the is under warranty also. please help me.

modal - HP 3090 MT DESKTOP PC

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 3 (596 Views)

how to remove bad sector from hard disk

Hello Ravi_s21,

You can run a "Check Disk" on the hard drive to attempt to find and fix any bad sectors.

1. Click on the start orb and double click on My Computer
2. Right click on the drive you want to repair (usually the C: drive)
3. Click on the Tools tab
4. Under Error Checking click on the Check Now button
5. Tell it to "Automatically fix file system errors" and to "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"
6. Click Start
7. You may be prompted to restart your computer do so and allow the utility to run

It could take several minutes up to several hours. Post back your results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 3 of 3 (596 Views)

Re: how to remove bad sector from hard disk

Ravi_s21,

You need to realize what a bad sector is, so read here

Generally, a bad sector is an imperfection of the surface of the disk platter. It is usually none-recoverable.

If you want to attempt to fix, read here

To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation