hp BD-RE BH30L driver is needed (CD/DVD) (1824 Views)
Honor Student
advection
Message 1 of 5 (1,824 Views)

hp BD-RE BH30L driver is needed (CD/DVD)

HP Desktop Model: HPE-390t, Product: WU961AV#AVA, Win7-64bit

CD/DVD stopped working, no changes to system

CD/DVD “hp BD-RE BH30L driver is needed”

Driver appears in device manager as inoperative

Unable to fix/find/successfully download driver (have disabled and uninstalled driver and unit a few times in trying to correct)

Driver Message: “Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

Where can I just download the driver?

Or, other suggestions that preclude running all the automated fixes that I have already performed?

Thanks

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 5 (1,810 Views)

Re: hp BD-RE BH30L driver is needed (CD/DVD)

CD/DVD/BluRay drivers are an integral part of Windows and not available for download from HP or any other manufacturer. Please review the following Microsoft documents and attempt to use the advice to resolve your issue;

Code 52: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device

Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
advection
Message 3 of 5 (1,792 Views)

Performed all as recommended with inclusion/exception “Go to the device manufacturer’s Web site and download and install the latest appropriate driver for the device.”

This is a HP PC and I looked for HP solutions with no joy but/ergo either HP is the prime manufacturer or they have contractual control of their subcontractors that have the solution/driver.

Why can’t HP provide support/driver to their device?

Anyway thanks for your assistance as developed.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 5 (1,710 Views)

hp BD-RE BH30L driver is needed (CD/DVD)

Hello advection,

What happened after you ran the Mr. Fix it utility? What did the tool say?

Since the driver is appearing as inoperable in Device Manager then right click on it and uninstall the driver. After a reboot Windows will install drivers again, let's see if the results then are the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 5 (1,691 Views)

Hi,

Boot into the BIOS (F10) and verify that the optical drive is recognized as a SATA port device.

Boot into the HP Diagnostics (F9) at the HP splash screen and make sure that the optical drive passes the basic tests.

If the above two testes are successful, then go back to a known good Windows restore point to bring back the previous driver.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation