Question

Honor Student
regergetarded
Message 1 of 4 (946 Views)

hp dvd rw not working

i just bought this pc a couple months ago. its a hp pavilion p7-1254

it has a hp dvd rw ad-7250h5 sata cdrom device.

i just tried to instal a game and it will not read the disc. it doesn't give an error or anything. if i click on the dvd rom in my computer screen the drive ejects and a window pops up saying please insert a cd. i tried putting in a music cd and it will not read it. i put in a blank cd and it will read a blank cd. i tried to do the odd troublshoot on the blank cd and it says there is a write error. i then tried putting in a game i just installed a month ago and it will not read that either. there are no scratches on these disc and they read just fine in other computers. i am running windows 7.

please advise what to do to fix this problem

thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (942 Views)

Re: hp dvd rw not working

Hi,

Please try this first:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
regergetarded
Message 3 of 4 (935 Views)

i tried the mr fix it and no solution. it stated there were issues that were resolved but the problem still persist.

anything else

thanks

Honor Student
backat03
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

On my HP Pavilion a6040n PC, the lightscribe DVD Super Multi Drive/CD writer can't  format hp dvd+rw 4.7 GB discs.

Windows says I have to update to Windows 8. 

Do you have a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation