Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
What do the function keys on the hp envy all in one mean?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Buteruski44,

My understanding is that you would like to know the meaning behind the function keys, is that correct? I will try to explain that as best I can.

Normally the function keys have different purposes, from adjusting brightness, putting  the computer to sleep, and depending on what type of computer you have there could be a mute key. Also, here is a document that might help you a little bit better.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Buteruski44,

My understanding is that you would like to know the meaning behind the function keys, is that correct? I will try to explain that as best I can.

Normally the function keys have different purposes, from adjusting brightness, putting  the computer to sleep, and depending on what type of computer you have there could be a mute key. Also, here is a document that might help you a little bit better.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks 

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

That is alot of information, thanks.

Actually, I wondered what the icons meant on the keys. this is for a windows 8 hp envy all in one. There are some arrows, a square, microfying  thing, a circle and such. Do all the function keys mean the same on all computers. As you can see, I am new to this.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Buteruski44,

The keys have different functions, some probably don’t have any function at all. If you provide the full model of the touchsmart I can try to find a guide. If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this document.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Model # of the computer is 23-d284

Product # H5P56AA#ABA

Keyboard Model # KBRF7171

HP Recommended

Buteruski44,

I wasn’t able to locate a guide for the keyboard that you have, is it possible for you to take a picture  of the keyboard and post it on the thread?

Thanks

HP Recommended

keyboard.jpg

HP Recommended

I hope you are able to view the keyboard. Thanks again for your attention to this.

HP Recommended

Buteruski44,

Excellent picture.

Other than the keyboard model that you found on the bottom side of the keyboard, was there any information?

Thanks

HP Recommended
No other info except for troubleshooting.
The 1st key is esc. The next ones, I don't know, but I wonder if they have to do with the monitor. I'm not sure of the rest.
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.