Question

Honor Student
nayfen2k7
Message 1 of 6 (895 Views)

hp hpe phoenix h9-1010a clocking 99 degrees temp overheating? help please!

Hi HP support forum, i've just recently signed up. I have encountered a problem with my month old desktop computer tower. All of a sudden when i came home, my sister was using my computer and i noticed a really loud fan sound. Like extremely loud, almost similiar to a vacuum. It's unbearable. 

My machine has never made this noise. I've entered BIOS > Advanced > Thermal and it's clocking speeds of 4500 rpm's for the first title and 3500 for the other. Sorry but i don't remember what the title was next to it. I think CPU FAN SPEED was 3500. Not quite sure, but i'll get back to it.

I cant edit fan speeds

So i downloaded SpeedFan to see what's going on. Results are:

GPU: 29C

LOCAL: 30C

TEMP 1: 99C (with a fire symbol)

TEMP 2: 25C

HD0: 29C

Core 0: 26

Core 1: 42
Core 2: 35
Core 3: 38 

Please bear in mind these temps do fluctuate but i'm really concerned about TEMP1. Which is static and won't budge from 99C.

My Specs Are

i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti, 4019mb

What do i do? Your help will be very much appreciated.
Regards Nathan B. 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (889 Views)

Re: hp hpe phoenix h9-1010a clocking 99 degrees temp overheating? help please!

I recommend that you download and run CoreTemp to see what the temps are instead of SpeedFan.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up icon next to the reply button

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
nayfen2k7
Message 3 of 6 (886 Views)

Hi Erico, thankyou for the prompt reply on my topic. Gladly appreciated. I've downloaded Core Temp, just like you said. These are my results. Tj. Max: 98 °C Power: 8.2 - 11.4 °C Core #0 - #3 Fluctuate from 35 °C to 40 °C Am i giving you enough information? Is there anything else you need? Regards
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]

nayfen2k7 wrote:
Hi Erico, thankyou for the prompt reply on my topic. Gladly appreciated. I've downloaded Core Temp, just like you said. These are my results. Tj. Max: 98 °C Power: 8.2 - 11.4 °C Core #0 - #3 Fluctuate from 35 °C to 40 °C Am i giving you enough information? Is there anything else you need? Regards

Thanks! That is enough info. Your temps are fine! 

Keep checking the drivers & software download are in the web support portal for your PC  to see when a BIOS update becomes available to address the fan cycling issue.  The HP Suport Assistant should let you know when an update is available. Run the TuneUp application every once in a while.

This is what I mean about the updates that show up now and then for this issue.

fan noise update.png

You can run CoreTemp in the systray and always be able to easily see that your temps are OK. 

I always found SpeedFan to be a bit of a mixed bag and no longer use it.  

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up icon next to the reply button

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
hapkiman
Message 5 of 6 (862 Views)

Yes Core Temp is a very good monitoring app, but you might also try Speccy.  I use it quite frequently.  

I too rarely use Speedfan anymore.

I like Speccy because it gives you very detailed information about your system.

http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.html

Here is some info about temps for that CPU

http://topshiz.com/what-temperature-should-my-intel-i7-2600-i7-2600k-cpu-be-running-at/

Honor Student
nayfen2k7
Message 6 of 6 (824 Views)

Hi again guys, sorry about the late reply. I've been extremely busy. My computer has functioned normally again. No more annoying vacuum like sounds comming from the CPU fan.  

What actually solved the problem was to unplug the computer from all power and just give it a good rest. I know this seems quite boring without any technical troubleshooting. But it worked. I turned it back on and there was no more noise.

Thanks Erico  & Hapkiman for the support, i've gained greater knowledge if problems do arise again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation