hp z820 memory config (870 Views)
Student
hgnrc
Message 1 of 3 (870 Views)

hp z820 memory config

Hi,

I just bought a HP-Z820 Workstation but I can't figure out the proper configuration for the memory. I have 2 CPU in my workstation. In regards of RAM, I have :
- HP 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3-1600 ECC RAM
- HP 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3-1600 ECC Unbuffered RAM.

Please advise on the proper configuration for the memory. I have tried few options but I always get this error :

During startup, HP Performance Advisor found the following potential issues with the configuration of this computer:

Memory

Maximum memory performance is achieved through a balanced configuration of memory spread evenly across all active memory channels. When there is more than one DIMM slot per channel, fill the inner layer closest to the CPU before adding memory to an outer layer.

Mixed DIMM sizes - Memory performance is optimized when all DIMMs within a layer are the same size.

Unpopulated memory channel - Memory bandwidth is maximized by utilizing all memory channels; one or more channels in this system have no memory attached.

Thank you

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (863 Views)

Re: hp z820 memory config

Hi:

You may also want to post your question in the HP Business Support Fowum--z Workstations section.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Workstations-z-series-xw-series/bd-p/bsc-272

Teacher
Teacher
SGI
Message 3 of 3 (841 Views)

Re: hp z820 memory config

Hi,

HP has listed the possible memory configuration and the requirement for your system HP Z820 Workstation  at this link:

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/downloads/Z820_Memory_Configurations.pdf

I guess ECC and Non-ECC shouldn't be mixed.

Good luck !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation