Question

Honor Student
java1
Message 1 of 7 (227 Views)

location of keyboard receiver for ENVY 27

I have not been able to locate the reciver for wireless keyboard/mouse. HP documentation states that is located at the bottom of the bas but is not.

Please help

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 7 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi java1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are not able to locate the receiver for your wireless mouse/keyboard and I would be happy to help you out! To begin, I will need to know what the Product and Model Number of your desktop is.

In the meantime, you can use this document on Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting to determine what kind of receiver came with your computer.

Please re-post with the necessary information. I anticipate your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
java1
Message 3 of 7 (183 Views)

Re: location of keyboard receiver for ENVY 27

I believe the model number is 27-K150XT.The computer online documentation states that the location of the   receiver is at the bottom of the base, I have looked at the bottom of the base and was not able to see any reciever (USP). The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the computer both work but they are not soft to touch as my previous Elite which I still have. I would be grateful if you can direct me to the location of the receiver so that I can replace it with Elite receiver (USP).

THank you in advance.

Mehdi Javaheri

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 4 of 7 (173 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi java1,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You can find the receiver for the keyboard and mouse by referring to your desktop's User Guide. On this manual, you will be able to find the USB ports on the left and right hand side. The receiver will be connected to one of these ports.

Here is a picture of the right-hand side of the desktop, found on page 7:

figure 1.png

If you are experiencing some difficulty getting your receiver to communicate with the keyboard and mouse you desire, please take a look at the manual above on Page 65 and 66.

I hope this helps!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Honor Student
java1
Message 5 of 7 (163 Views)

The receiver is not at the right or left side of the computer. I would have seen it otherwise. As I mentioned before the computer online documentation states that the receiver is at the bottom of the base which is not. It is a mistry.

Thanks,

javatrust

Honor Student
java1
Message 6 of 7 (161 Views)

Please refer to page 25 of the User's Guides which refers you to the location of the receiver which is not.

Thanks,

java 1

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 7 of 7 (152 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi java1,

I see! Thank you for clarifying!

Unfortunately, because the receiver is a part of the motherboard it cannot be removed. This also means that you will not be able to successfully use your Elite keyboard with the original configured.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums and have yourself a great weekend!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation