m9250f remote not working after Windows 7 home premium upgrade
Replies (12)

Student
Daw_The_Gnaw
Message 11 of 13 (2,795 Views)

Re: m9250f remote not working after Windows 7 home premium upgrade

Hi Guys,

I've got the solution which works on a m8180uk running x86 Win 7

Go to TASK MANAGER > SERVICES (TAB) and click the SERVICES button.

Sort the services by name and find "Human Interface Device Access"

It is likely to have the start up type as "Manual" and not started.

First test.

Right click the service and select START

Now test the remote.

If it works...hooray. Now set the service start up as Automatic. Do this by double clicking the service and choosing the option from the drop down.

Cheers

Daz

Student
geardog
Message 12 of 13 (2,578 Views)

I'm having a slightly different problem. My HP m9040n died a while ago. I told HP I had a hardware problem, but they had me try a bunch of software repairs then a recovery (and then I had no luck restoring my files). Turns out my graphics card and motherboard were bad. Since then I have purchased a new aftermarket case, graphics card, power supply, motherboard, RAM. I took my computer to a shop to recover my old data. (I was previously running Windows Vista Home Premium x32.) They upgraded me to Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Now I have to set up Live TV again and can not. I get the IR hardware not detected during setup.

I am still using the OE TV tuner that came in the HP 9040. However, I'm not sure what parts I need to transfer over from the 9040 case to get the remote to work and set up Live TV. My 9040 has the remote sensor in the front card reader. I never used the IR extender board out back to control other devices, and I don't want it in the new case unless it has to be there to get the TV / remote working. My extender board does not have IR Controller Electronics on it (no MOBO connector). I have tried connecting just the card reader to a MOBO USB, the card reader with the front connector port box connected to it and to the tuner card, the card reader with extender attached, etc. .......

In my Device Manager the eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR) is recognized. I have tried uninstalling, shutting down, reconnecting multiple times. The computer discovers the receiver and tranceiver receiver with no problem at startup. It continues to give an error (Red X) for an unknown device. I continue to get the unknown device in the device manager. IS this what's holding up Live TV setup? I have not tried the headphone trick, but what would I plug it into since I'm moving parts to a new case? The front headphone input? What hardware from the old case do I need at minimum to use the remote and set up Live TV? Card reader - YES. Front input Assy. that goes to card reader and tuner card?

The HP Remote Solution Application Update didn't work for me either.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-78236-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Upon trying to install, I'm told I don't meet system minimum requirements - update cancelled. I have the same 2.4G Quad core processor that came in the Pavilion case, same hard drives / DVD, an aftermarket ASUS MOBO running a single 4G card. It is worth noting that my new MOBO does not have the ports to connect the red and yellow cable ends from the front input. Could this cause the problem? I doubt it but am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 13 of 13 (2,572 Views)

Hello geardog, I know nothing about a eHome Infrared Receiver, but  Here  is a link that may be of some help.

It appears the drivers for this device have not been installed, but this is just a guess.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation