manufacture dates of computers....... (6807 Views)
Honor Student
ydglyd
Message 1 of 2 (6,807 Views)

manufacture dates of computers.......

Is it possible to tell manufacture date of dc and dx families of small form factor computers from serial numbers?

If not is there someway to find this info. I am doing inventory of hospital computers with Track-It and would like to have approximate age of comouters.

Thanks......

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 2 (6,786 Views)

Re: manufacture dates of computers.......

If you are looking for approximate dates, just put the model number of the computer in the "Support & Drivers" tab above.  When the page opens, click on the

" Download drivers and software (and firmware)"  button in Step 1.  Put the model number in the box for Step 2, then click go.  When the page opens, click on "Product Information" in the lower right box.  When that page opens, click on "Product Specifications".  After that page opens, it will display the "Introduction Date" for when that device became available. Most modern computers are not on the product line long before something "new and improved" replaces them.

If that is not good enough fro whatever purpose you are using it for, you may get specific details by inputting the serial number, but I do not know where to do that.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation