Re: memory upgrade problem (73 Views)
Honor Student
Viv27
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

memory upgrade problem

Crucial sent me  4 sticks memory to upgrade my  my Elite m9252p to the max of 8mb. They said they were guaranteed to work, and I dwnld their scan to check my system for memory upgrade.   After removing the old original 4mb sticks, I put the new ones in, ( I've installed them many times), they fit perfectly in the slots.   When I turn on computer it doesn't start, most of the timeit sounds  like its running, but nothing comes on screen.  Once it shut down and restarted with the same results nothing .  I've tried many different things, F10, F1  etc. ,but my mouse and key board do not work with anything.  I even tried other combinations installing 2 old sticks with 2 new ones (6mb) then I got message to check my hardware in setup, but my mouse doesn't work on the setup screen.  

I'm wondering is this because I had to replace my original wireless keybd and mouse last year?   I bought another HP wireless keybd and mouse but not the same as my original ones.   Why don't they work ?

How do I get my Elite m9252p to work with the new memory?

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: memory upgrade problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Original 4GB sticks?  I don't think that is correct.

The specifications for the HP m9252p indicate motherboard support for only using 2GB dimms.

Bencia memory dimm size.jpg

Try clearing the CMOS then test each dimm one at a time. Use s blue dimm slot for testing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
Viv27
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: memory upgrade problem

This is a Pavilion Elite m9252p desktop. The label on the side reads  4096 memory, 750GB hard drive, Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition.   It has 4 sticks one in each slot  with 1MB memory=4MB.  My info/manual and HP support website state  it's upgradable to 8MB memory.    Crucial sent me 4 sticks each w/ 2MB memory = 8MB.  These are what they recommended, and they do fit.  

My computer/BIOS  for some reason doesn't automatically detect it.  There was a BIOs update , that said something about not recognizing 7MB memory and I installed  it, but no help.

Do not know how to clear CMOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation