Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My mouse pointer responds well to moving around the screen and double ckicking etc. However when I try to click and drag it 'loses' the object (file name or card in Freecell) or will not select all that I shift& drag. All the drivers are up to date. I have removed, waited and then replaced the Bluetooth USB fitting in the back of the computer and the batteries are fresh. Any Ideas?

HP TouchSmart 520-1010ukH

Microsoft mouse model MG-0982

Windows 7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @itsmagicvi,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with your Microsoft Mouse on your HP TouchSmart 520-1085uk Desktop PC not allowing you to click and drag or select using the drag function. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this I can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Another thing you can try is using the mouse on a different computer to see if you experience the same issue or if you cannot do this try using a different mouse on your computer to see if the issue is repeated.

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @itsmagicvi,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with your Microsoft Mouse on your HP TouchSmart 520-1085uk Desktop PC not allowing you to click and drag or select using the drag function. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this I can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Another thing you can try is using the mouse on a different computer to see if you experience the same issue or if you cannot do this try using a different mouse on your computer to see if the issue is repeated.

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input.

I run Windows 7 64bit and I do not have another computer I can try the mouse on.

I hope you can help.

HP Recommended

Sorry forgot to say I have tried a notebook USB mouse from my bag of bits and it works fine.

HP Recommended

Hello again @itsmagicvi,

If you have tried a different mouse on your computer and it is not happening to that mouse I suspect that your Microsoft Mouse is the problem and suggest you contact Microsoft on their forums at Microsoft Community as they may have addressed this issue with their hardware before.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

There is no thumbs up sign on my screen but thank you for your help. I will contact the other Forum as you suggest.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.