my HP computer keeps revving up and then slowing down (642 Views)
Student
horizonkaw1968
Message 1 of 2 (642 Views)

my HP computer keeps revving up and then slowing down

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s5000 Series computer, with windows 7 installed, it is revving up and then slowing down all the time and has been doing this for two days now.  I did a system restore back to the original date of purchase and now it has been acting like this. Any help wold be appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 2 (605 Views)

Re: my HP computer keeps revving up and then slowing down

Hello,

I understand your PC is revving up and down constantly. There are a few steps you can take to find out how to fix this issue. Now the PC itself has a number of fans in it so one thing you can consider doing would be removing the panel and checking which fan could be causing the issue. 

Dust could also sometimes play a port in why the issue is occurring so if you haven't cleaned out the inside with canned air in awhile you could consider doing that .

This link also will assist you with different procedures you use to try and fix the issue yourself. Also once you open the link if you look at the bottom there are 2 more links that help with reducing heat and cleaning the inside of your PC.

Also if you can provide the specific model we can check if there is a bios update available. That update is firmware for your motherboard which helps with how the fans run.

Let me know if any of this helps you.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation