Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem on my HP e9290F and posted my

problem with no comments so far.

What mine does is I have no pwoer when I press the power sw,  the green light on the power supply is always lit, but about every 10 sec the sw light and the fan get a flash of power for a micro sec

HP Recommended

The solution to this thread is on the first page. Read it. Try it. Then comment with your results.

After trying this threads solution, your issue still persists, then detail your steps and then wait for a comment.

If you still think your issue is different, then start a new thread.

HP Recommended

OK when the 4 pin connector (2 black and 2 Yellow wires) to the MB is disconnected, the power is running. I did not connect the monitor and other stuff.

HP Recommended

From the first page:

Provost: If the PSU blinks it needs to be reset.

unplug the electrical cable from the wall and the PSU.

move the red voltage selector to the opposite position it is in and then slide it back. If you live in the USA 120Vac-->220Vac-->120Vac see the image below.

Take a blow dryer and turn it on to blow air at the back of the power supply for a couple minutes. When you see the light turn green you’re all set.

Alternatively: jdoody8531:

unplug the PS power cord,
unplug the Motherboard (MoBo) main connector,
reconnect the PS power cord,
hold down the power switch on the front of the desktop,
CAREFULLY (I know, scary),
reconnect the MoBo main connector while still holding the main power switch down.

btw. Wear some thin latex gloves if it makes you feel better.

What I can add to your comment is only that sometimes it takes SEVERAL times (10?) before the PC kicks in and the power really starts, so just keep keep plugging and unplugging that MoBo main power plug several times while holding the front PC switch until you hear the fans start to go. Of course there's always a possiblity that you really do have a bad PS, especially if it's over 8 years old or so in my experience.

HP Recommended

my light was always Green    BUT   the hair dryer got it going,  AMAZING, who ever thought of that is unreal.

I can't thank everyone enough

:generic:

HP Recommended

You welcome to click on the "thumbs up" whenever appropriate.:cathappy:

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thank you for this great advice!  Came across this post on  google search and it's exactly what we needed.  My father in law's HP Pavilion tower was having the same issue.  Hes 82 years old and plays his games on it.  He's been lost without it and doesn't have the money to fix orget a new comuter.  This was a super simple, cost efficient method to get fixed.  This worked just as you said.  Took a couple minutes with the hair dryer and wallah!  Computer working again!  He's going to be so excited to have it back to play his games!!  Thanks again!

HP Recommended
This worked for me. It took about 2-3 minutes set on medium temp and the green light turned steady. Thanks!!!
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH. THE HAIR DRYER DID THE TRICK. I HAVE A HP PAVILION S5700. IHAD THIS PROBLEM THAT I GOT UP ONE DAY AND IT WOULDN'T START. I CALLED AND WAS TOLD TO TAKE OUT MY MEMORY, I BROKE ANOTHER PIECE BEFORE GETTING TO THAT,SO I HAD TO ORDER A NEW MOTHERBOAARD. I WAS TOLD IT WAS THE POWER SUPPLY, SO I GOT ONE.NOW I HAVE TAKEN OUT THE PROCESSOR AND DAMEGED IT SO I HAVE GOT ONE COMING. I HAVE OVER $100.00 IN THIS HP AND I BELIEVE ALL I NEEDED WAS A HAIR DRYER. I USED THE BLOW DRYER ON M SISTERS HP BECAUSE I UNPLUGGED IT TO SEE IF MY NEW MOTHERBOARD WOULD WORK AND I TORE HERS UP. IT WOULDN'T START WHEN I PLUGGED IT BACK UP. ALL I DID WAS UNPLUG IT THEN PLUGGED IT BACK UP AND WOULDN'T START. I FELT SO BAD. SO YOU SEE HOW GRATEFUL I AM? THANK YOU.

HP Recommended
I have tried the reset and disconnecting mother board connector and ps cord when I replug ps cord it is a sold green light but as soon as I hold the power button and insert the connector it starts blinking could it be the fan or is it a bad connector.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.