Paul_Tikkanen
Message 11 of 15 (254 Views)

Re: p6-2310ea XP Drivers

Tutor
Surfcornwall
Message 12 of 15 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all, Paul the graphics driver seemed to carry all chipset drivers as well so I don't think you need to download them  separately. (I did both)

I then went in to device manager and the only yellow mark was against the audio chip, I right clicked on it and let it do a search and it found on it is own .. may have come in with the graphics bundle ? anyway all good!! everything works .. I had to down grade as its going in to a hotel and their present management system version can only work on XP.

NB.Ive kept a image of the oridginal on a separate partion

Thank you you all especially Frank and Paul for your interest and help :smileyvery-happy:

Malcolm

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 13 of 15 (227 Views)

You're very welcome.

That is great news.

I'll have to let anyone else know that wants to install XP, just to connect to the internet and do the auto driver search from the audio controller in the device manager.

I believe the audio driver would have come from the Windows Update site, but I could be wrong.

Tutor
Surfcornwall
Message 14 of 15 (221 Views)

It could have as it had done several updates  ... the system is flying .. from pressing the on button 20 seconds to windows desktop !! .. isnt nice when you have a clean system with nothing on it .. lol

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 15 of 15 (217 Views)

Absolutely!

I wish I knew how you could install the AMD Sata AHCI driver after you installed XP in IDE mode so you could change the drive controller setting back to AHCI in the BIOS.

Then the hard drive could take advantage of native command queuing.

Then it would really fly.

The problem is I don't know what AMD AHCI driver that PC uses.

I am only familiar with the Intel drivers for the various intel chipsets.

If you download that chipset driver file, you see it includes the AHCI drivers which are found in the Packages folder.

You can use a free utility like 7-Zip to extract the drivers from the chipset driver download without running it.

Then you update the drive controller from the device manager, select the manual search, have disk and browse to the folder where the sata ahci driver is.

Then the driver installs, and you reboot and go straight to the BIOS, and change the setting to AHCI, reboot and hope the thing goes into windows.

If it does, then it will be running as the system was designed to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation