Question

Student
camchute
Message 1 of 2 (1,381 Views)

p6180t power supply specs? - total SATA power connectors?

[ Edited ]

Dear HP (forum)- I've searched the documentation and site for information regarding how many SATA power connectors are available on the power supply shipped in the p6180t desktop running the Intel Q8400 processor and I have not been able to answer my question myself.

Could anyone tell me where I can find this information (preferably how many unused SATA power connectors are available) or if possible, detailed specs about this power suppply? I would like to add additional hard drives, so I need to know how many auxillary power connectors there are.

Sorry, can't open the case at the moment because I have ordered, but have yet to receive, delivery of the equipment.

Waiting patiently (because I opted for the slow, free shipping), yet excited. -Cam

Message Edited by camchute on 10-13-2009 08:21 AM
Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (1,370 Views)

Re: p6180t power supply specs? - total SATA power connectors?

Cam, I always use slow, free shipping.  This adds to the excitement and suspense. :smileyhappy:

Here is a link to the "Product Specifications" pages for your soon to be computer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=16113&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4010451&lang=en

This will give you all of the information that you will need.  However, it does not give the number of SATA power connectors.  It does, however, give the number of bays available for drives.  This may be an indication of how many there are available.

HP Omen- i7-4710HQ; 8 GB memory; Samsung 128 GB SSD; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M; Win 8.1

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe - i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Pro

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!