Message 1 of 2 (159 Views)

pavilion 23-b017c

My grandparents have a Pavilion 23-b017c that they purchased late last year. They hate the windows 8 installation and cannot effectively use the desktop.  They both recently retired and had used windows 7 prior to that.  What is the best way to down-grade and install windows 7 for them on this machine?  Are there appropriate drivers for all the hardware?

Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: pavilion 23-b017c

There are no W7 driver from HP for that model.

I cannot guarantee that W7 will work 100% on that PC but looking at the hardware it has, these are the W7 drivers I think would work.

First, install the amd chipset driver and reboot.  You want the 49.7 MB file size.

Next is the graphics:

Audio:  Accept the agreement, download and install the second driver on the list.

Ethernet:  Download and install the 5th driver on the list.

If you want to go through with this, make the set of recovery media first before attempting to install W7.  See the info below for how to do that.

You will also need to change 2 BIOS settings in order to install and run W7. See info below.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation