Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I just found myself in this same position. When I touched the wireless icon on the top of the laptop my options were only disabled and off. I had already set the BIOS to defaults and that didn't work. The third try I touched the wireless icon on the top of the laptop until the status of off poped up in the tray. When I left clicked on the poup a window opened asking me if I wanted to turn my wirless back on. I clicked enable and I was good to go.

HP Recommended

when i unplug the charger
The wireless stopped working ...

Please tell me what can i Do ..

HP Recommended

Senojetep wrote:

The light at the top of the keyboard is the button.  It does not look like a button.  Press it and wait as much as two seconds for the color to change.  You will then need to re-establish a connection to the wireless router.  Click on the wireless icon next to  or near the clock in the task tray of your screen.  Choose a connection from the list that appears.

this is the one that worked for me! didnt realise the answer to the question was staring me in the face 🙂 3 hours later thanks a milion

HP Recommended

Thank you to all for the posts. I like the majority of you have spent a significant amount of time and frustration trying to sort the problem out.  Tried the F10, F9, F10 , problem solved within 1 minute. A great piece of information shared.

Thanks

HP Recommended

can you tell or show me where the wireless button is on a g71 laptop?

HP Recommended

@kaykayconlon wrote:
Hey Cowgirl... I had the same problem this morning.  My laptop is new, and it has a lit-up touch volume control on top of the keyboard... the wireless button is to the right of the volume control, and is also lit up.  This morning, it was red.  I touched it, and it turned blue.. and now my wireless is back up.  Hope this helps... and hope you get your homework done! 

Hey kaykay...   thanks so much for posting this. I have been trying to find the ()*#&%$&)^q*(#(*&  "wireless button" for weeks, and had to connect by cable because I couldn't get back onto my wireless. Your post made it easy.

Thanks-- and you rock!!

Bana (aka Another Cowgrrrl)

HP Recommended
how do u do it??
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  I've done the F10/F9/F10 and the blue light does come on but cuts back out after about a minute or two at most.  I am proximate to the router and have had no problem connecting before.  My device is Microsoft Wireless Transceiver and I've tried to find an appropriate driver without surety that it is the right one.

Any suggestions or a link perhaps?  Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  My son did something to my computer (I assume) and the wireless capability turned off. I would never have come up with your solution.

Thank you again! F10, F9 then F10 again saved time & frustration!

HP Recommended

Pl.let it answered how I put wireless on dv6-1104AX

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.