Question

Student
smehta_ce
Message 1 of 4 (5,891 Views)

"no audio devices are installed" Compaq Presario F700(F750US)

Hello Friends, my Notebook PC doesn't detect sound card. Anyone knows solution??

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (5,880 Views)

Re: "no audio devices are installed" Compaq Presario F700(F750US)

[ Edited ]

( this is almost always the first question to a thread author ) What OS is installed in your laptop?

I ask myself  "Why won't most people give this most basic information in their threads?"

Go to Device Manager --> select a device and right-click it --> select scan for new hardware. Your sound adapter shold be found by your OS.

Download the driver for you laptop's sound adapter here. All other drivers and HP supplied software are also located there for Vista x86. Back up one directory higher for other supported OS.( see the links above where it says "Select Software and Drivers"

This thread should have been posted here in Audio and Sound.
Message Edited by erico on 02-02-2009 05:04 AM

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
kienla
Message 3 of 4 (471 Views)

Please let me know how to correct this "No Sound" problem. Thanks!

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)

Hi kienia. I need to verify the model number of your computer, and what version of Windows is installed.

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108
<How Do I Find My Desktop Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07555

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation