Question

Student
tatpong
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

sp56122 does not work

I'm using HP Pavilion p7-1030. Currently, my bios is version AMI 7.12, 4/11/2011.

I downloaded BIOS update (sp56122.exe) and tried to install it.

It did not work.

It said "System BIOS image is invalid or corrupt (252). Please download patch again.

If error continues, contact support."

I've tried it couple times, but every time I ended up at the same message.

Can anyone help?

To provide more context, I'm trying to install a new video card, Geforce GTX 750.

It did not work. It started on the startup blue screen and beeps a few times before the monitor went off.

It's the same as  PabsTheGeek commented in his forum (h8-1070uk upgrading to GTX 750 Ti ).

So, I tried to download the new BIOS update and keep my fingers cross that it will work.

Now, I'm stucked on the BIOS update.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: sp56122 does not work

Hello tatpong,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are stuck on a BIOS update that you have been unable to complete. The issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation