Question

Honor Student
innocent69devil
Message 1 of 7 (1,054 Views)

tsstcorp cddvdw ts-h653z

recently upgraded from vista to 7 and cd drive will no longer read my older pc games like cnc3 and older reads sc2 and cnc4 just fine o and running a m9510f not shure if there is any specific software associated with this drive or not and did the uninstall reboot step that did nothing etc....:robotfrustrated:.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 7 (1,029 Views)

Re: tsstcorp cddvdw ts-h653z

Hello innocent69devil,

"will no longer ready my older pc games"

I would like to get some clarification on that statement. By read do you mean that nothing happens? Does something happen and you receive an error message? Does the CD work in another machine? 

I assume by your statement and since you are using the CD that the game is not even installed yet, is that correct?

With the CD in the computer are you able to browse to the directory and see anything on the CD drive?

Please post back with your findings. :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
innocent69devil
Message 3 of 7 (1,027 Views)

Nothing at all double click on drive and asks for cd works on labtop running 7 64bit fresh install no directory
Honor Student
innocent69devil
Message 4 of 7 (1,025 Views)

Also purchased new cd drive worked flawlesly just think its unuasual it would sudenly get picky after the os upgrade
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 5 of 7 (1,023 Views)

If a new CD Rom drive in the computer is working then it was likely a driver issue with the older one. We know and can rule out hardware if the drive worked previously and some other games / cds do work.

We would have to dig into the actual cd rom drive and see what drivers it was running and see if we can ensure it is running the latest and greatest drivers to ensure it was working properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
innocent69devil
Message 6 of 7 (1,019 Views)

Will attempt to locate drivers tonight for it windows won't auto update the driver on it and didn't see very good results when I googled it but will look more in depth
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 7 of 7 (1,016 Views)

Windows usually has the most up to date drivers and will more often than not install the latest drivers. You may be able to solve the problem by simply removing the drivers and allowing Windows to go out and get new ones

Remove and reinstall drivers

If the drive is not listed, remove and reinstall the existing drivers. To do this, follow these steps:

Windows 7

1. Click Start
    Start button
    , and then click Control Panel.
  2. Click System and Security, click System, and then click Device Manager
    Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
    User Access Control permission
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  3. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
  4. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
  5. Restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation