Question

Honor Student
banphot
Message 1 of 5 (1,702 Views)

upgrading cpu for HP Compaq dc5700 Small Form Factor PC

Hi

Is it possible to upgrade the CPU of HP Compaq dc5700 Small Form Factor PC?

My present CPU is Intel® Celeron® D processor 360 3.46 GHz.

According to the specification and warranty webpage, the Compaq dc5700 model are available with a lot of CPUs up to Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6700 2.67 GHz 4 MB L2 cache 1066 MHz front side bus.

My question is what the fastest possible CPU my machine can be upgraded to?

Thank you very much.

banphot

Honor Student
banphot
Message 2 of 5 (1,665 Views)

Re: upgrading cpu for HP Compaq dc5700 Small Form Factor PC

Hi Joe333

From what you write I am not sure that I understand what you're trying to say.

I am not a native speaker of English. But I try to write clearly hoping for a clear and helpful answer.

My suggestion is "write clearly, if possible put your question in numbers so that people can answer your questions".

And start a new topic for your question because it seems to me that you have a different model of computer from mine.

Doing that you will have better chance to get answer.

I am saying all this basics because I am a teacher and seeing that you're 'student'.

Student
HP-User-812
Message 3 of 5 (689 Views)

banphot wrote:

Hi Joe333

From what you write I am not sure that I understand what you're trying to say.

I am not a native speaker of English. But I try to write clearly hoping for a clear and helpful answer.

My suggestion is "write clearly, if possible put your question in numbers so that people can answer your questions".

And start a new topic for your question because it seems to me that you have a different model of computer from mine.

Doing that you will have better chance to get answer.

I am saying all this basics because I am a teacher and seeing that you're 'student'.

I understood the question and all of the details just fine. Perhaps, banphot, the 'teacher' needs to learn some English from the 'students' and not be so egotistical.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 4 of 5 (676 Views)

Hi, I would like to answer  the original question that was presented by "banphot".  No you can not upgrade the CPU on this machine. Here is a document that shows the specs on this p.c.  http://goo.gl/M3qqWr

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond and I will be more than happy to do the research for you.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
uge44
Message 5 of 5 (602 Views)

So in other words, yes you can upgrade your machine to a Intel Core2 Duo 6400. You can also have 4GB of DDR2 PC5300. I have a ADD2 graphics card in mine which give me DVI-D so don't try and plug one into a VGA port. It has to go to another DVI port, or you've got space for 2 low profile PCI graphics cards. Quite a little beast, and quiet too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation