Question

Honor Student
dlewis005
Message 1 of 4 (358 Views)

why is my wired keyboard and mouse not working on my omni 120 all in one

i just bought this allin one and when i came home the hardware was not working is there sumthin i can do to fix this"?

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: why is my wired keyboard and mouse not working on my omni 120 all in one

When you first use a device it has to detect the USB devices attached. I find that it is best to just plug in the keyboard first and turn it on.  Then after the keyboard is recognized, plug in the mouse.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
dlewis005
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

Hi Danjen,

Thanks for the suggestion, but It was working a week ago and then just stopped on me. I have unplugged the keyboard and mouse and tried to put them in different usb ports nothing happened. I am not even able to log in to windows seven because I can't put in my password.
Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 4 of 4 (343 Views)

Do you think you may have blown the usb port chip? Did you plug in a device with a problem? Do any of the usb ports have physical damage like the plastic guide bar missing and the pins shorted? Did the unit take an electrical hit? Can you remove the cmos battery and try for a bios reset?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation