Question

Honor Student
jlmccage
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

wire unplugged going into usb

Hi. I have an hp slim s5703w, and there is a small blue and black twisted wire with a white little plug on end, it runs from SD and usb box on inside, does this plug to anything or is it supposed to be loose?
HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

wire unplugged going into usb

[ Edited ]

Hello jlmccage,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after changing your power supply you now have a wire that is not connected and you are curious as to where it plugs in. I am providing you with a link to an HP Support document: Opening the PC Case in HP Pavilion Slimline s5000 Series Desktop PCs, where you will see a picture of the computer's side panel open. The picture below is from that document and if you zoom in you will see the wire and where it plugs in.

c01759526.gif

• The wire is on the left of the tower (which is the front) and attaches to the Input card that is plugged into your motherboard.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation