wireless mouse wont allow computer to sleep (1027 Views)
Honor Student
Buckster65
Message 1 of 4 (1,027 Views)

wireless mouse wont allow computer to sleep

Just connected my hp mouse and keyboard to my HPE375a and now computer will not go into screen saver mode, also  when i hit the off button on the remote the PC goes into sleep mode for 30 seconds and then turns back on with no input. 

Intern
lbfong
Message 2 of 4 (982 Views)

Re: wireless mouse wont allow computer to sleep

All of my wireless HP mice have an on/off switch on the bottom.  After you press the off (sleep) button on the remote, have you tried to turn the mouse off with the switch? 

I have not had a problem with a wireless mouse keeping a computer from staying in sleep mode (as long as I didn't move the mouse), but I did have the same problem after I networked all of my computers together.  The problem turned out to be the LAN port (RJ45). The solution was to go into Device Manager>Network Controller and on the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow the device to turn on the computer". 

Regents Professor
wb2001
Message 3 of 4 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]

A wireless mouse and keyboard can cause your computer to wake up for no apparent reason

Here are the settings recommended, applies to Vista and 7.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html?filter[11]=Power

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit. XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W.
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, HP Deskjet F4135

Honor Student
Buckster65
Message 4 of 4 (966 Views)

Worked it out.  For whatever reason the HP mouse will not allow the PC to go to sleep when it is being used on a mouse mat.  Leave the mouse on the table and all seems to work good.

The only other problem i have to resolve is when it goes to sleep the monitor goes back and just the mouse pointer showing.  Monitor does not go to sleep unless i use the remote!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation