Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a an HP bluetooth mouse x4000b.

I am able to easily have the laptop recognize the device, and it will work for a period of hours or days.  Then the laptop will cease to recognize the mouse, even though it is still listed in the control panel under "devices".

I am running Windows 7 Pro.

I see on the Microsoft community there was a fix for this, but that page was quite old and the link no longer available.  Anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am not running an HP laptop.  I'm using a DELL Latitude E6530 laptop with Windows 7 Pro.

Of interest, the same issue happens with the Dell Travel Bluetooth Mouse. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Then I would recommend that you contact Dell support. It sounds like it is more of an issue with the PC than it is with the mouse since you mentioned that it happened to their Bluetooth mouse as well. Sounds like it may be an issue with your Bluetooth software or hardware. Since it is a Dell notebook, there is not much anyone around here will be able to help you with. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Kyle -

I have exactly the same problem on a brand new HP Pavilion Elite m9058n laptop.  The laptop recognizes the mouse and pairs effortlessly, but  then a day or two later the mouse stops working.   Rebooting the machine and turning the on/off switch and the connect button on the mouse seems to get it to re-pair, but certainly I shouldn't need to do this all the time.  Is there a fix for the problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a Sony laptop.  I am FRUSTRATED by the lack of documentation on this product.  For example:  1) What does it mean when the blue light is lit?  2) What does it mean when the blue light flashes?  3)  Is there an indicator that the batteries need to be replaced?  Why can't HP provided answeres like these, and more, in a pdf that costs almost nothing to host on the Support website?  And yes, I am frustrated that I recently bought a product from a reputable company that is not working properly and for which there is so little help posted at Support.

HP Recommended

For what its worth, the problem turned out not to be the Mouse.   After extended discussion with HP support, they concluded that I had a defective wireless/bluetooth chip in my laptop.  I returned the laptop to them, and they replaced it.  Since then, the mouse has worked flawlessly. 

Although your laptop is not HP, its possible that the chip is commonly used by other manufacturers, so that may well be the cause of the problem for you as well.

HP Recommended

Hi, Kyle....

Many thanks for your reply.   I found the problem!  In the mouse device set up, there was a 'sleep' box that was enabled.  I disabled that, and have not had the problem since I posted the message.

Thank you,

Barb

HP Recommended

Sidebar:  I received an email from HP on 7/12/14 that someone responded to my question.   I think HP needs to get their notification services stepped up a bit.  🙂

HP Recommended

I'd already had the wireless card changed by Dell and it was non-effective.  Then, I actually found a setting that I disabled where the mouse was going to sleep.   I just attempted to find it and can't, but did change a setting and have not had a problem with the mouse mal-functioning since.

Thanks for your reply!

Barb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.