Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks, Greg. I was having the same problem, and you got me on the right track. In my case, it ended up being DpAgent.exe *32. I think it's a 32-bit program for the fingerprint reader. I disabled it it, and Access now works great. And because my machine is 64 bit, I've still got the fingerprint reader. Who knows why a 32-bit version of the program was loading in the first place.

Darren

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with Access 2007 freezing when I tried to open a table.  I called HP and the issue was escalated and a resolution posted a few days later.  Having Downloaded the file sp49992.exe, the problem has been resolved.

www.tinyurl.com/38u7agk 

HP Recommended

How do you disable DPAgent.exe *32? I stopped the process in the task manager but I do not see how to disable it the next time that I startup.

HP Recommended

I could not install the software patch because Digital Persona Personal was running. I am not sure how to disable the Digital Persona Personal.

HP Recommended

My Pavillion DV7 has the same problem...

Crashes Access 2007 & 2010 constantly and shows the first field of a table, followed by the rest of the table around 8 seconds after.

Only fix is to run in administrator mode, or shutdown DPAgent in task manager and not use my finger print reader.

I have phoned the useless customer support and they told me to download the essential updates pack… As you can guess this didn’t solve the problem!

Hopefully, they now have a technical support person phoning me back to take the issue further.

For the time being I am just having to run as an administrator, and clicking my way through all the ‘are you sure you want to do this?’ warnings….

I will update you if I get anywhere!  

HP Recommended

I have a $60,000  Access development project that won't run in 2007 (was developed and run in 2003 withoult any problems).   I am having all the issues, hanging at random........

I am also  having the same issure with my program on Access 2010.

You would think that after 3 years this would be resolved and corrected.

I did the "Run As Administrator" solution and ti works beautifully!   My 2007 version now scearms with this database.

I am sure that can it can be fired from an autoExec function on opening of the database to automate the adminstrator login.

I do consider this a workaround.  If these is a permanent solution I would love to here.

Thanks to All

Ross

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with MS Access 2007

Windows 7 home prem.

Touchpad tm2 1100

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  It worked like a charm.  Now I can use Access and my print id scan.  I was getting so frustrated.  I could eventually work on the table of one of my databases, but I had to wait between 10 and 15 minutes for it to load.  I had tried everything and looked everywhere for a solution.  Finally something worked!  Yea!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

There is a recent (Nov 2010) article at Microsoft indicating a patch from HP is now available. I have not had a chance to try it - will do so next time I'm at the location with the impacted machine.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/thread/15fff39b-69a7-48f4-b932-58d4c330984e

HP Recommended

I have been running Access 2007 databases for almost 3 years now without any issues whatsoever! Although, I have always used IBM Thinkpads in the past. I was due for a refresh and was handed a HP PROBOOK 4520s – Everything worked fine until I had to make structure changes to my tables. All of the databases had the same symptoms as listed above (freezing; only one cell visible; not responding; can open in design view and then locking up) Except for the one database with less than 40 records.

I went to add/remove programs attempted to uninstall HP Protect Tools Security Manager – but was not allowed to remove until other programs were removed as well.

Device Access Manager for HP

Face Recognition for HP

Drive Encryption

*Privacy Manager for HP (main one that does the trick)

Then proceeded to remove HP Protect Tools Security Manager – reboot – CHEERS!

I am up and running and now can enjoy the remainder of my 3 day weekend!

All of this information has been extremely helpful to me – you all have saved my weekend!

Thank you all so much for all of your posts! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.