Question

Student
xxcsai
Message 1 of 2 (3,058 Views)

Compaq Presario NTLDR is Missing

Hi All!

I have a compaq presario that I recently needed to recover.

It usually has a recovery console at start-up by pressing F10.

When I completed this recovery recently, I was asked to restart and I did.

Once I did, it stated NTLDR is compressed.

At the time, I did not know that I could go into the recovery console and press a few different options to

access the command prompt.

So what i did was put in a recovery disk from HP but "PreloadWindows" could not be recovered.

So I went to restart the computer again to see if the NTLDR is still compressed.... But it's not.  Now it's MISSING.

The last time this happened, I was able to go into the recovery console, complete the recovery and all was ok after the restart.

So now that I want to get back to my compaq recovery, everytime I press F10, I am asked to put in HP disks!!!

Is there anyway possible to get my original compaq presario recovery back instead of having it ask for HP disks?

Or should I try and follow the instructions on how to fix the NTLDR is missing error?

I hope I have not confused anyone.  I am at work right now. I will be home to fix my computer later tonight

Hopefully I can get an answer before then so I can have the instructions :smileyhappy:

ThankS!!

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 2 of 2 (3,009 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario NTLDR is Missing

Do you have the Compaq recovery discs either made from the system or provided in the box with the computer at purchase?

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation