Question

Honor Student
computernewbie
Message 1 of 5 (1,166 Views)

Computer doesn't start up to BIOS

Hello everyone I am in need of help!

I was using my desktop PC and suddenly it froze at the desktop. Mouse does not move, Ctrl + Alt + Del didn't do any good. No Respose even after presing the Power button a few times. I had to force shu down the compuer. When I on the power button, after about 2 secs, it turns off on its own and then turns back on itself. After another few secons, the fan suddenly became loud. Nothing appears on my monitor at all! BIOS doesn't start and therefore cannot even go Windows loading screen. There are no beep sounds.

I am using (Cannot remember the specifications):

HP xw4600 Workstation.

Intel Quadcore II, 3Gb RAM

WIndows XP Professional

What is wrong with it? Please help!

Thank you!

Honor Student
Ro808
Message 2 of 5 (1,101 Views)

Re: Computer doesn't start up to BIOS

Hello,

I just obtained a second XW4600 (with Intel E6750 processor) that shows identical issues as yours on startup.

Did you already find a solution? I would like to notice from you.

I send an email to the guy I bought the system from. He is a service engineer for HP and therefore I expect to have this problem solved in short notice.  So, if the problem still exists on your system (or not), please let me know.

Kind regards

Student
DukePham11
Message 3 of 5 (1,036 Views)

Computer doesn't start up to BIOS

I have Pavillion A250N and it suddenly got frozen in both K/B and mouse.  It was rebooted and got black screen ever since.  I did Power Supply reset and even BIOS reset without any better situation.  Every time we turn the switch on, the fan is still on but I did not see BIOS screen nor Windows screen.  The H/D light only was on for a brief moment before turning off.  Do you have any other suggestions that I can try out?  Regards.

Honor Student
computernewbie
Message 4 of 5 (942 Views)

Hey Ro808,

Sorry I didn't get back to your reply fast enough. I have not been checking on the forum since no one had a solution for me. Maybe you already found the solution but I managed to fix the issue!

The problem with my PC was a hardware issue. Apparently, my graphics card slot "miraculously" spoiled for some reason. I had to remove my hard disk, CD-ROM, RAM, etc one-by-one to isolate the problem.

Solution:

The solution was to simply switch the graphics card over to another empty graphics slot and it was done. All good again. It boot up normal with no problems. Thus, I recommend that you try checking your hardware in your PC. If you're not sure how, ask a friend or family who is experienced in handling computer harware stuff. Also, the graphics card can get really dusty and it clogs up the fan cooler on the card, so grab a cotton bud or something and clean it up.

Hope it goes well for you! Cheers!

computernewbie.

Honor Student
computernewbie
Message 5 of 5 (941 Views)

Oh and Dukepham11,

Check out the reply I gave to Ro808 above. It might help you. Sorry for not replying quick enough.

Cheers!

computernewbie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation