Download First BIOS version 3.18 for the HP Media Ctr m1270n /PTGD1-LA. New ver3.28 doesnt load (281 Views)
Honor Student
SchoolVolunteer
Message 1 of 2 (281 Views)

Download First BIOS version 3.18 for the HP Media Ctr m1270n /PTGD1-LA. New ver3.28 doesnt load

I have an old HP m1270n Media Center PC we are refreshing for our children's school math lab. 

We tried the current 3.28 Bios update from the site. 

It now boots looking for the CD or Floppy load of the original "HPBIOS.rom" file and

doesn't recognize the 328.rom file from the bootable Bios CD we made.

*  Where can we download the the original 3.18 BIOS version for the HP Media Center m1270n Asus PTGD1-LA?  (We do not have the original HP Media Center m1270n disc.)  

-   Please send us a link for that orginal AMI 3.18 Bios file.  All previos Bios file links have been removed.  

Again the most recent HP m1270n 3.28 Bios does NOT work.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL15141/pv-40497-1/sp26760.exe

Thanks!

Chris - School Volunteer

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (264 Views)

Re: Download First BIOS version 3.18 for the HP Media Ctr m1270n /PTGD1-LA. New ver3.28 doesnt load

Chris,

The only BIOS version available on HP's support site for the HP Media Center m1270n Desktop Computer is v3.28. I don't think the version or file is your issue. Rather, I believe your method is the issue. Please use a floppy disk, rename "328.rom" to "HPBIOS.ROM", and don't make it bootable. Next, insert the floppy and boot the computer... let it run at least 10 minute or until there is positive evidence that the process is complete. Please read this HP forum thread entitled "BIOS recovery process for HP systems with AMI BIOS?" for more possible instructions and guidance; 

===================================================================================

Re: BIOS recovery process for HP systems with AMI BIOS?

‎11-03-201009:21 AM

Brilliant idea - I tried AMIBOOT.BIN and that didn't work, but then took the Hex Editor to the file - it's HPBIOS.ROM

Renamed the file to HPBIOS.ROM and all now works.

To recap for anyone reading the thread, this was from an HP machine with a corrupt AMI BIOS, to get it back, extract the ROM file from the SP.exe file from the HP website, rename it from VLE5.22 (or whatever the file is that ends in a numeric) to HPBIOS.ROM and copy onto a floppy diskette.   Put the floppy in the internal diskette drive (in my case a Sony OEM drive attached using a grey floppy ribbon cable) and boot the machine.  You may need to hold down Ctrl-Home, but not 100% sure.   After a long while the machine will give 4 or 5 beeps, and reset itself.  Once it's done that it will boot normally.

Thanks for your help David - much appreciated.

Cheers, Andrew

===================================================================================

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation