Elite e9150t Feezes/Locks up (42691 Views)
Teacher
GaryJ51
Message 2891 of 3,998 (2,559 Views)

Re: Elite e9150t Freezes/Locks up

A brand new computer that has to be sent back for repairs right out of the box is a refurb.  Why would anyone consider it fair to have to pay full price for a refurb.  Reading how many users have tried the "repair" route, and lost the rubber feet and had the case scratched, wires not connected, etc., the fair remedy is to replace all effected systems with NEW systems free of defects.  That is what HP guarantees when you purchase the system.  It's bad enough many users have been fighting this issue for 3,4, or more months without satisfaction.  After all the lost time and frustration they have put us through, anything less than a NEW system, without defects is an insult.

Settling for anything less merely reinforces HP's already unconscionable behavior.  Everyone who recieved a new system that went belly up out of the box should demand that HP fulfill the original agreement made at time of purchase.  They have been continued to sell these defective systems knowingly to unsuspecting customers, and now want to see how cheaply they can placate each user on an individual basis.  Shameful.

Fix the problem and offer everyone a replacement that works.  Maybe then HP can regain a measure of respect.  Anything short of this solution should be a big red flag for anyone thinking of buying anything from HP.

Intern
ronaldb1
Message 2892 of 3,998 (2,469 Views)

Hi Gary,

Your statement of "That is what HP guarantees when you purchase the system." sounds great to me.

But can you point to this somewhere on hp site in writing so I can use it if need be.

Thanks,

Ron...

Teacher
GaryJ51
Message 2893 of 3,998 (2,463 Views)

ronaldb1 wrote:

Hi Gary,

Your statement of "That is what HP guarantees when you purchase the system." sounds great to me.

But can you point to this somewhere on hp site in writing so I can use it if need be.

Thanks,

Ron...

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy/limited_warranty.html

Intern
ronaldb1
Message 2894 of 3,998 (2,428 Views)

Hi Gary,

Sad to say, but I read it that HP could use refur parts. I guess that would include the whole darn thing.

"new HP Hardware Products may be manufactured using new materials or new and used materials equivalent to new in performance and reliability."

"HP may repair or replace HP Hardware Products (a) with new or previously used products or parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability"

"HP will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any component or hardware product that manifests a defect in materials or workmanship'

etc, etc.

bah, humbug!

Ron...

cgm Top Student
Top Student
cgm
Message 2895 of 3,998 (2,355 Views)

cgm wrote:

To follow up, I just got off the phone with HP customer service to find out when my new shipping date will be.  The original ship date was yesterday, November 12th.  The new ship date is November 26th (I doubt they will ship on Thanksgiving day).  As I was about to hang up, the customer service rep volunteered the reason for the delay...there is a motherboard shortage and they are waiting to source the part.
So, maybe the Pegatron motherboard days are over.

HP surprised me and delivered my "hopefully" repaired e9150t 10 days earlier than the revised delivery date (too bad they couldn't keep to the original date or better yet...I shouldn't have had to send the machine back even a first time, let alone a second).  It came with an updated bios, v.5.24, but sadly the Motherboard is still the Pegatron/Truckee version 1.04.  I haven't had much of a chance to run it through any tests other than downloading all the patches, but it didn't freeze up during the initial 3 hours of use.  I'll report back with any good/bad news.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2896 of 3,998 (2,280 Views)

Quote: "Lindia: Yes, I read a good part of Hanspuppa's story. It got complicated."  Quote

Hello All, My story is not complicated at all.

I purchased two HP computers in good faith that these systems would work properly right out of the box, and they did not.

I contacted HP support as HP suggest, and HP did not resolve the issues of these systems.

I have contacted HP at least 20 times, in an effort to get what I paid for, and HP simply refuses to honor their good faith warranty.

They have a stated published policy that any system can be returned before a predetermined day for a full refund, but they string you along past the return period, and then say that the return date has expired.

If you look at this from HP's position, they appear to be in the damage control stance.

While this will work, because most customers will just give up and move on, many will not.

Hp, as well as many of the other OEM manufacturers, have the same policy with respect to defective systems.

This policy does work well for them. If they loose a few customers, and in the grand scheem of things, that is really what we have here, just a few customers with computer issues, when compared to the overall customer base, new customers purchase HP products every day.

So life goes on, and HP continues to sell defective systems, and loose a few customers along the way, and gain new customers to replace the ones they loose.

Class Action Suits, even if successful, serves as no deterent, since the cost of these are far less than the profits generated by the sale of the defective units.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Intern
shutdowns
Message 2897 of 3,998 (2,255 Views)

Can you please explain this whole issue in layman terms?  I have an out of box 10/30/09 HP Pavilion Elite e9290f and at first I had the BSOD's everyday until I was told that Adobe Flashplayer is not compatible w/ the 64- bit Internet Explorer & to open the IE w/ 32- bit until Adobe catches up w/ a compatible version (soon they say)  I removed & reinstalled the Flash player & use the 32 bit IE & I have not (knock on wood) had a BSOD since.  Is there something I am missing w/ and need to research more when it comes to the version of Elite that I have.  Did you ever find out why they do not continue carrying this ver. in Canada?  Pls. let me know so we can take care of this before next year when the warranty is obsolete.  Thanks you, Valeri
Intern
Lindia
Message 2898 of 3,998 (2,257 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hanspuppa,

Maybe now is a good time to really push HP about your computers, [text removed].

Message Edited by SandyD on 11-17-2009 01:05 PM
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2899 of 3,998 (2,223 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lindia wrote:

@Hanspuppa,

Maybe now is a good time to really push HP about your computers, [text removed]

Hello Lindia, After thinking about this overnight, I really began to feel insulted by the tone and lack of consideration of the Case Manager Supervisor.

Her attitude was very much the same as all the other contacts I have had with other support persons.

I just this minute submitted yet another, (the 21st), request for some relief on these issues.

I have already contacted the Law Firm that is interested in this fiasco. I have not received anything from them as yet.

I don't know of anything else I can do at this time, but I will look for other ways to deal with this matter.

This has become a matter of HP responsibility and comittment of good faith marketing.

I will not go away, until I get the working products, that I paid for, without all the hassle that HP wants to interject.

Thank You for your support, since without it, I may have just given up as many others have, and slowly disappeared, as HP would like for those of us that demand what we paid for, would like for us to do.

Message Edited by SandyD on 11-17-2009 01:06 PM

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2900 of 3,998 (2,210 Views)

shutdowns wrote:
Can you please explain this whole issue in layman terms?  I have an out of box 10/30/09 HP Pavilion Elite e9290f and at first I had the BSOD's everyday until I was told that Adobe Flashplayer is not compatible w/ the 64- bit Internet Explorer & to open the IE w/ 32- bit until Adobe catches up w/ a compatible version (soon they say)  I removed & reinstalled the Flash player & use the 32 bit IE & I have not (knock on wood) had a BSOD since.  Is there something I am missing w/ and need to research more when it comes to the version of Elite that I have.  Did you ever find out why they do not continue carrying this ver. in Canada?  Pls. let me know so we can take care of this before next year when the warranty is obsolete.  Thanks you, Valeri

Hello shutdowns, The issues that many here are having, does not have anything to do with Adobe Flashplayer, or any other software, except maybe  a corrupted Operating System.

The issues that we are having, is hard freeze and lockups at no particular time or use of the system. The system can just be at idle and lockup.

HP has discontinued many of these Models after a very short product production run.

I purchased my second e9150t on July 29th and they are no longer available at HP. This tells you much about the unsatisfactory performance of this product.

If it were performing well, HP would continue to maximize their profits from this model, but since it is a defective design and produced product, they didn't want any more to get into the product stream that they had to deal with a some future point in time.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation