HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-26-2009 05:48 PM
I received my e9150t on 7/11 and I haven't had anything but problems with it just as the rest of you. It seems to freeze after about 15 minutes the first time I turn it on for the day (I'm an old school avid shut down over night kind of guy). Then I hard power it off, restart it and a lot of times it seems to be ok. At first I would get 2 or 3 blue screens a day. Then I did a system recovery (after I already installed all my work tools; VS2008/10, SQL Server, etc, so there's at least 4-5 hours lost), and I seem to have lost the blue screens, but I still get the system freezes.
I don't have the original box or anything like that any more, do you think I'll run into any troubles with getting a replacement? That's really my only concern with calling them to say I need a replacement.
07-26-2009 08:07 PM
Skinny_sc, from reading these threads and the product evaluations, you are about the 6th or 7th known person that has had freezes/lock-ups with the e9150t. There might be many more that we do not know about. Not good news for us e9150t owners. If you have not done so already, contact technical support and go through their ritual. It is now apparant that they know something about the extent of the problem that they were not willing to tell me or others (like you). Once tech support can't do anything more for you, then you might decide to ask for either a replacement or a refund (you have 21 days from the date received). They will have a case manager call you and give you instructions. He would be the one to ask if the original box is required. I would guess that so long as you can pack it well to protect their "lemon", it does not matter. I still had the original box and sent it back that way.
07-27-2009 07:05 AM
07-27-2009 07:27 AM
It first level tech will not take more than an hour if you let them do their step by step troubleshooting. Some of the steps may sound stupid for the problem you are facing but the tech has to ask you to do that as part of the procedure.
I am still waiting for my replacement PC.
07-27-2009 10:55 AM
They usually spend no more than 20 minutes with you. None of us have that kind of time, nor should we have to spend that kind of time for something we paid good money for. It involved running the PC Doctor Diagnostics. Tell them that you already have done so, with "Success" results. On my 3rd call they offered to have mine sent in for repair; but I asked for a new replacement because I bought a new computer not a repaired/reconditioned one. Mine should be here tomorrow. I sent my back last Tuesday, and I am getting a new one back this Tuesday. Good luck. Keep us posted.
P.S.: I don't know anything about the Norton Internet Security locking it up. But anything is possible, since HP will not or cannot tell us what it is. I do know that Norton is not as annoying and intrusive as McAfee AntiVirus. Let us know how it works out withoug Norton. I would say that 3 or more days without a lockup would be encouraging, given that I usually got at least 1 or 2 daily.
07-27-2009 11:17 AM
I will. Be sure to post an update when you receive your replacement, I'm very curious as to the outcome. Hopefully we just we the unfortunate receivers of a bad batch run or something.
07-27-2009 12:03 PM
I was having the same problems as all of you. I just made arrangments to send my e9150t back and will get another. I was told that if not happy with it I can still get a refund. So now it's wait and see.
07-27-2009 02:35 PM
07-27-2009 07:53 PM
Sounds like your model has very similar problems to what many of us experience with the m9600t. For many of us the problems appeared 10-20 minutes after a cold boot. I think there may be a problem with the motherboard...
Skinny_sc - don't worry about the box - if needed they will FedEx you one for free. I have sent my m9600t for repair and that is what they did. Call them as soon as possible and either get your money back or try for another draw :-(