HP 2133 mini note,dead or not? It reports unknown BIOS error... (19841 Views)
Student
Megane16v
Message 1 of 16 (19,841 Views)

HP 2133 mini note,dead or not? It reports unknown BIOS error...

My HP 2133,after shutdown,just won't start up again. At post screen,there is little message,almost everytime different:

Unknown BIOS error. Error code= EFFF

Unknown BIOS error. Error code= EDBE

Unknown BIOS error. Error code= FFFF

Unknown BIOS error. Error code= 8E22

Unknown BIOS error. Error code= F546

Than I press F1 button,and continue to the boot screen,windows,or linux,start to boot,but little after that,blue screen of death shows,and HP mini restarts. Same thing on linux(I have dual boot system on HP-mini).

I was thinking what it could be. Graphic card is ok,picture on the screen is ok,I see H.D.D light,so I asume that mine hdd is alive. Also,cpu reports normaly,wirelless i working,I tested memory,memory is ok. I puted USB stick in USB port,and I see light from diode,meaning,USB is ok. I was thinking on motherboard failure,what you guys think?

Student
josecid
Message 2 of 16 (19,700 Views)

Re: HP 2133 mini note,dead or not? It reports unknown BIOS error...

I have the same, mini note 2133. I got the blue screen, and it shot down. When I try to start it, the blue light on the on switch comes on, but that's about it; no screen and I don't here the loud fan anymore... It's dead...

I think the hard drive died. Or, could it be the processor???

I bought this mini note over a year ago and paid $749.00.

Always ran HOT!!!

Student
noubs2010
Message 3 of 16 (19,586 Views)

Hello everybody.

I have exactly the same problem.

Solution: The system ROM should be flashed (BIOS update). 

HP gave us friendly a windows-exe-file, what of course just works if U bring this device to boot windows!!!

I tried this: HDD on another working system, freedos installed; unpacked the BIOS on a USB disk, copied on HDD; now freeDos-HDD back inside the mini, start flashing; system response: THIS BIOS IS WRITE-PROTECTED.

I Wrote to the HP-service about this situation, no one answered.

What a pity!   

There shoudl be a way to remove the write-protection, a jumper or something. HP knows exactly which one, but probably won't tell.

Good luck in search.

Student
grisuli
Message 4 of 16 (15,656 Views)

Hi Guys,

same for me, my mininote dies like yours and i also checked all possible parts and it seems to be ok, but the netbook wont start.....

Did you find some in the meantime????

Your help will be very appreciated...

thanks alot in advance

André

Student
comworkscabildo
Message 5 of 16 (14,463 Views)

I had the same issue. Seems that a BIOS error deactivate ACPI functios so no OS will work. The only solution seems to be a BIOS update. But in my case no USB device work. Y format a spare hard drive but AFUDOS says "BIOS is write-protected. And i was unable to find a BIOS ROM file for this notebook, The Hp sp41847 work nice but no files were copy to pendrive. And without USB can´t use a CD or Floppy disk drive. Anyone have any ideas. I don´t want to finish with a brick.

Student
fdysystem
Message 6 of 16 (13,120 Views)

est c q de solition

Student
malikkamran
Message 7 of 16 (11,790 Views)

unknown BIOS error. Error code= FFFF

i have a problem in HP mini lap top 2133  unknown BIOS error. Error code= FFFF 

i have make usb flash bootable but lap top did not boot from usb 

and not detect any usb cd or dvd rom . i have chang d bios IC but same proble same error

i tries many types but still still same problem i m much worried about that so plz giv me d solution

as soon as possible

regard

Student
gpsparth
Message 8 of 16 (10,460 Views)

Re: unknown BIOS error. Error code= FFFF

This error comes to faulty CPU.

To Overcome this issue Change the CPU. For me this happend with Pentium D (2.8Ghz/2MB/800Mhz).

Student
Troublesh00ter
Message 9 of 16 (10,375 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, I think I may have a solution for this problem.

Do get back to me if you still have HP 2133 Mini-Note PC and the problem is still there.

Leave a reply here and for urgent response mail me up on {Personal Information Removed}

Regards

Addie. :smileyhappy:

Student
agpham
Message 10 of 16 (10,207 Views)

What was the solution? I have the same problem for the past two years and my netbook is sitting in the closet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation